Venmo transactions not being pulled in correctly

Hi there,

Tiller has not been pulling in Venmo transactions for well over a month now, which is strange because Venmo balances seem to be updating properly. The login and 2FA seem to be working fine as well but no new Venmo transactions are being imported. Is there something I’m missing or is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Pat

3 Likes

Venmo has had outages on and off for a while now. They recently resolved an outage but I think it’s still ongoing.

I’d recommend trying the below to see if it helps:

1. Log into Venmo directly
  2. If you see a popup, modal, or dialog follow whatever steps it is prompting you to do.
  3. Try again on the Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login

If the above steps do not help, try the following to see if you’re prompted to take action, then try again in Tiller.

• Navigate to the transactions page for each account you have connected to see if you get prompted to do something.
  • Double check the notifications section for the online banking site for a prompt if applicable.
  • Confirm that your contact information at the Institution website is correct. Make an edit and re-save, even if nothing has changed then.

I recommend logging into Venmo via a browser instead of the mobile app.

I’m having the same issue! No transactions have been filled from Venmo since Sep. 9 (but it does track my balance correctly).

I tried the steps Heather listed, but it hasn’t made a change yet… Hoping this can get resovled soon!

1 Like

Same here kgm and pliu! I tried the fix as well, but it seems something is still amiss with venmo transaction importing.

We’re also tracking strange/alarming behavior with the 2FA method in Tiller for Venmo. Venmo not connecting again

The outage duration is getting a little ridiculous. I haven’t been able to properly budget/close my finances for over 2 months now and it doesn’t seem like there any end in sight. @heather any updates on this front?

I’m also missing my Venmo transactions. Before I saw this thread I tried updating my Venmo password through the Tiller Console ‘Edit Credentials’. The password update fails with “Invalid Security Info” but I can see that Venmo is sending me a 2 factor authentication code that I never have an opportunity to enter.

I am having this same issue (and have reported it) - very frustrating.

1 Like

Same, I tried the steps above and no difference. Can anyone speak to how often this happens?

The reason I ask is I’m on a trial subscription and assessing whether Tiller is worth paying for. Venmo isn’t my most used account, but it’s not insignificant, so manually entering transactions for an app I’m paying for seems kinda crazy when Mint is free and loads all the accounts I need.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Mint pulls in Venmo transactions either. One workaround I’ve discovered recently is Venmo pulls money from my bank account (and puts money into my bank account), so I can use those “transfers” as my transactions. It actually works fine, except when I carry a balance on my Venmo account (because that money won’t show in Tiller).

Is there any update with this? Don’t want to correct a year’s worth of transactions if a solution is around the corner

I’m also having this issue and it’s really creating a problem. I’m on a trial subscription for another week and don’t want to pay for a whole year if Venmo will never update. Do we have any updates on this issue?

Yeah, I’ve been dealign with this and continue to have a terrible time. The account balance updates but no transaction history since September. Ive done all the steps and more about a dozen times as its the most important account that I use tiller for. Any updates would be so helpful!

1 Like

Hi @zack1 we don’t have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved. I’d recommend manually importing the transactions if you need them.

Just to check in with others experiencing issues with Venmo, can you please describe the current behavior? Are you able to successfully refresh but no transactions are pulled in or are you seeing an error when trying to refresh. There have been lots of issues with Venmo the last few months and the behavior has changed a few times.

Mint pulls in Venmo transactions as far as I can see?

Mint is using a different data provider than we are.

We are working with our technical account manager on this Venmo issue. Looks like the refresh succeeds finally, but the transactions are not being pulled in. Hopefully they’ll fix this soon.