I want to add a tag column to my account filter sheet. According to the directions I should be able to add to the cell with the vlookup function but I don’t see a cell (supposedly in a5) with vlookup. Any ideas to help? In my a5 I have… =transpose(G8:G12). It appears that the sheet is built on sheet references in column g and h
I think I’ve worked out how to do it, if I understand the question correctly. I’m assuming that you already have a Tags column in your Transactions sheet, with the heading “Tags”.
All of the following steps are on the Account Filter sheet:
- Select row 16, right click and select “insert 1 below” If you’re looking at column H that should add a blank row below “Amount”. Type the word “Tags” in the cell below “Amount”
- Do the same on row 11, once again adding a blank row below the word “Amount” and adding the word “Tags”
- Select column E, right click, and select “insert 1 right”
- Select cell I11 (directly above one of the blank cells you just created), click on the little square in the bottom right corner and drag in down to cell I12
- Repeat step 4, but select cell I17 and drag into cell I18
- Select cell A5, and change =transpose(H8:H12) to =transpose(H8:H13)
- Select cell A6. The formula should read:
Change that to:
All I did was add
indirect (I18)in there after
That should do it! It’s very possible I missed steps, but hopefully this points you in the right direction. I don’t know how comfortable you are with spreadsheets, if there are any issues feel free to ask.
Thanks for posting solution instructions, @matt. I didn’t try implementing it, but I read through it and it sounds like what I would do. If it is not spot on it is very close.
Worked like a charm! thank you! I started doing what you recommended inherently but missed a step or two so the whole sheet was out of whack and I didn’t want to mess anything up. Appreciate your quick response!
I’m glad it worked! Yeah it’s easy to miss little details when you get into the formulas like this.