Why can i not change the colors of copy or cells?

Colors help me organize everything – i very much need to add more color to this template – Is there a reason i cannot? Whom can help me do this?
Many thanks!

@studiosummers I’m a big fan of color coding as well, both for my own sheet and for my client sheets – I use conditional formatting to highlight certain cells with meaningful colors (e.g. all transaction that are missing a category assignment are color coded in one color, all transactions that need follow up are a different color, etc.) I also like grouping category names by colors.

Which part of the template are you trying to add color to and are not able to? If you post a screenshot, that is helpful for troubleshooting!

2 Likes

Hi Caroleen! Really appreciate this help!

Here is what I am trying to do:
On the Monthly Budget sheet – in the available column, when there is a surplus from the Budget & Actuals, I want that number to be Green. How do I do that? It is already red when is “in the red”.

thanks so much!
megan

@studiosummers As Caroleen mentioned, to do what you want, you’ll need to add a conditional formatting rule:

1. Select Conditional Formatting from the Format menu.
  2. At the bottom of the sidebar that appears, click + Add another rule. (Click Ok if the Heads Up! warning appears.)
  3. Enter H16:H in the Apply to range box.
  4. Pick Greater than from the Format cells if… dropdown.
  5. Enter 0 in the Value or formula box.
  6. Select the text color (green), background color (none), and bold in the Formatting style area.
  7. Click Done.
2 Likes

This worked so well! thank you so much!

4 Likes

Sounds like you got your solution @studiosummers .