šŸ† Account Reconciliation - Excel

Hello. The feature works fine for me. Problem Iā€™m having is if I have multiple accounts at the same institution, the account name is the same - therefore the reconciliation tool combines transactions from both. how do I change it to use unique identifier or account number? Thank you!!

The sheet gets a list of accounts from your Accounts sheet (usually column H). Youā€™d need to change your account names from the Tiller console, which will change any new transactions. Youā€™d then have to use filtering and/or edit/replace to update existing transactions to use the same new name you choose. Be sure to have a backup before you start just in case things go sideways!

Worked perfect. Thank you.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to use the Account Reconciliation sheet. The columns E, F, G all show #NAME?. The trouble shooting columns all show the appropriate transaction data and very that the statements are correctly reconciled. Any suggestions as to how to get the E, F, G columns to work correctly. Thanks.

Did you follow these steps? Seems like maybe itā€™s not seeing your template data.

Yes, I did this and it seems to be getting info from the transactions page. If I try the trouble shooting (as if there had been a discrepancy in columns E, F, G) it shows all the transactions that occurred on the statement and shows they agree with the tiller records. However no information shows in columns E, F, G. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hmmm, make sure ā€˜Enableā€™ is selected in the left column. Column E looks to the information you entered in B, C, I and J, so be sure everything there is entered as explained in the first post. Perhaps start with just one account, and if that gives the error, try a different account. Maybe thereā€™s something about the account name thatā€™s breaking things?

Thanks, but the same name is used in troubleshooting column and that brings up all the relevant transactions in columns O,P,Q. Are you able to tell me the code that is behind the entry in column E?

The formula is in cell E5ā€¦

All I see in E5 is =IF(
Itā€™s the same in F5 and in G5 it is
=_xlfn.MAP(

Apologies, Iā€™ve found the entry. Iā€™ll study it tomorrow and see if I can figure out the problem. I forgot to answer your earlier question, but is enabled. Thanks again for helping me.

1 Like

The problem was that I was running an older version of excel that didnā€™t recognize _xlfn etc. Itā€™s now updated and working just fine. Again thanks for taking yesterday, I should have thought of updating before posting. In any case, itā€™s a great worksheet and really enhances tiller.

1 Like