Project Future Account Balances Using Manual Transaction and Statements Features

@annaisakiwi I updated the template so that the Statements page has the columns in the right place now. Try recopying the “Accounts Projections” sheet and let me know if you have any more errors.

Thanks @charlotte , I’ve recopied it - but still getting the same error.

Does look like it’s an error in K29 on the Account Projections sheet?

So appreciate you helping to get this going for me.

Welcome back, @Charlotte. Thanks for looking into this!

1 Like

Ah K29 also needed to be updated due to the column being added. Change the formula in K29 to:

=QUERY(Statements!B:M,“SELECT D,I WHERE E='”&B2&“’ ORDER BY D DESC LIMIT 1”,0)

I also fixed it in the template.

2 Likes

Thanks @charlotte that worked :slight_smile:

I seem to have another error though.

There are a couple of transactions that haven’t flowed over onto the Account projects sheet, I’ve looked in the transactions sheet and can’t see anything that jumps out at making these different from any other transaction.

I also note that the transactions in the projections sheet don’t include any upcoming manual payments.

In the Statement details sheet i can see I have 317 transactions unreconciled (bank statements are only 3 monthly), but in the Account Projects sheet it shows I have 252 transactions, of which 0 transactions are pending.

Again - really appreciate your help with this!

Have you used the tags “placeholder” or “pending” for the manual transactions? Those are the only tags that will how up in blue and be in the manual transaction count. The column has to be called “Tags”.

You can play with K30 if the reason the transactions aren’t showing up is the date. K30 just sets the earliest transaction shown to be from the first of the month of the current statement. So in the sample, the statement is 7/18 so the first possible transaction is 7/1. This prevents older transactions from showing up if you just started using the statements sheet.

The query only filters on “account”, checks for only rows with empty “statement”, and checks the date is on or after K30. So one of those would be the reason why a transaction isn’t showing.

1 Like