šŸ† Showing Transaction Data on a Calendar (Excel version)

Hi @buzzmaster1, hereā€™s a link to the file in Google Drive (instead of OneDrive). Maybe this will work better: Excel Calendar Template.

Let me know if this works. Thanks!

Yes, that worked, thanks!

For people having issues downloading from OneDrive: I needed to sign out of OneDrive and then it worked. Not sure what the bug is, but that fixed it for me.

Fyi, The Excel version of @alan.heatherleyā€™s calendar-day-tracking template does not appear to be available any longer on the OneDrive location.

Hi @jcntn52, yeah, there seems to be something wrong with the link. In the comments thereā€™s a workaround (log out of OneDrive before clicking the link), and a link to the file from Google Drive. Let me know if either of those work for you. Thanks!

Appreciate the quick response. I will give it a try.

Just an FYI, this link states that the file is no longer available as well.

John Combest

HI - i was just able to download - brilliant!

The ā€˜otherā€™ line in the calendar doesnā€™t look to be working right though - itā€™s showing a sum of all transactions in the expense groups listed above it - any ideas?

Hi @annaisakiwi, thatā€™s a strange oneā€¦ If you expand the hidden cells to the left, do you see extra transactions in the data table?

The hidden columns on mine are to the right of the calendarā€¦ No I donā€™t see extra transactions at all.

Can you confirm what the formula should be for ā€˜Otherā€™ please - iā€™m guessing this should be everything that doesnā€™t fit into the groups detailed in the calendar rows above it?

Has there been a response to this? I am not able to make sense of the ā€œOtherā€ line either

A Couple other questions:
** It appears that the ā€œOtherā€ calculations is summing all of the transactions for the day, not excluding the ones already listed on that day. Assuming that is not the intent?

** Can the formula be modified to not include Transfer Types?

I found the same error the rest of the community found with the ā€œOtherā€ row. Hereā€™s how you can implement the fix I made on my end which first subtracts whatever has already been included above to prevent the double counting, and then rounds the whole result to the nearest cents to prevent a pesky display difference.

First, paste this formula in D12:
=IF(AND($B$3=ā€œThis Month Onlyā€,MONTH(D5)<>$Q$1),ā€œā€,IFERROR(ROUND(SUM(FILTER($Z$2:$Z5000,$X$2:$X5000=D5),-SUM(D6:D11)),2),0))

Second, copy/paste it across and down to fill all the ā€œOtherā€ cells for each date.

Finally, if you care about the yellow conditional formatting that was just overwritten only for the ā€œOtherā€ rows, you can copy/paste formatting of the calendar from the base template.