Bill Grid, Dashboard Module with Cash Forecast

What is the goal of your workflow? What problem does it solve, or how does it help you?
There are very few solutions to bill management. Financial management is more than keeping track of what you spend, but rather receiving your bills, scheduling payments and ensuring you do not overdraw you’re accounts. Float is virtually gone in this digital world, yet I want to pay my bills when they are due and not before. Finances should be fun and this sheet allows you to track all of your bills in one place.

How did you come up with the idea for your workflow?
I’ve been using this format for years, tweeking it as I go, and now I have it working with tiller.

Please describe your workflow. What are the sheets? Does it use any custom scripts or formulas? There is one sheet, and a module added to the balances tab. Bill grid uses a standard assembly for each account and uses a macro to add additional account templates. A drop down connects to the transaction tab, capturing your accounts. Simply fill in the simple spaces, enter purchases, then below type “Due By”, then below type the due date. all of the due by bills are then added to the module in date sequence. There, you can check mark with an x which bills you want to pay, and using the drop down select which account you want to use. With a few clicks the bills are tabulated and deducted from the account giving you the remaining balance…basically helping you to see, do I have enough to pay these bills? After making those selections go back to the bill grid and over type the due by with your payment amount and enter then over type the due date with your payment date. This action removes the due by from the module and only the remaining due by bills will show in the module. Formulas used in this process, macro, data validation, query…the rest is just many revisions of thinking to create a useful layout, down and dirty simple.

Anything else you’d like people to know?
What’s nice about this format is that everything is in one place. If a biller calls about a payment, the payment amount and the pay date is right at your finger tips. Additional features are available credit, percentage of credit used, total by month and year for every account and all accounts, a temperature gauge on credit usage and approaching due dates…it’s my go to place for monitoring my credit and total bill spending. To make it easier to view, once a month is complete, group the column and collapse it, no need to be tough on the eyes. If it is still too much to view you can group rows and collapse to work on one account at a time, but I am certain you will be comfortable with the layout once you get used to it. Want to do a quarterly review? Expand it and play.

Is it ok for others to copy, use, and modify your workflow?**
Can view, after the builders challenge, will provide to those who wish to have a copy.

If you said yes above, please make a copy of your workflow and share the copy’s URL:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RSVuqnEgBE1MKth3U3spMNjYO0G665SS1bowoIC6MtE/edit?usp=sharing

Definitely going to look at this one. I’ve been doing something similar for years, but a very manual process.

2 Likes

It’s ready for you to view. Good luck.
CML

1 Like

Ooo! I really like the bill grid! Most of my bills are on auto-pay, but I live in fear that the payments won’t be made. It would be magic if it could auto populate from the transaction page!!

Open link and save a copy. It is not protected and works fine.

Do you have an updated copy of this you can share? It looks like it’s corrupted.

Hey @chris.larson1967,

I love the setup! Any chance you still have the template for sharing? I believe the link might be broken

1 Like

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_oi2EmlcthKrSoFOUi4AheOIyXOhv2LbSPomCiHt3Ew/edit?usp=sharing

@chris.larson1967 Hi Chris thank you for the sheet. I don’t see an app that they reference, nor customer service, or a trial period as stated? Have you had the same issues?

any chance this is still available?