Cash Flow Forecast - Life Event Ends and Baseline Budget Doesn't Go to Zero

In the Cash Flow Forecast sheet, I’ve noticed that the projection is not the same in the following scenarios. All dates are examples.

1. An expense category is overridden with a <$0/year, >0% Life Event for the years 2026 - 2029.
  2. A second =$0/year, =0%/year Life Event is created to override the same category for the years 2030 - 2030.
  3. The second Life Event is changed to override the same category for the years 2030 - 2040.

In Scenario 1, the Yearly Cash flow is different from the baseline in 2026 - 2029, but the same in all other years.
In Scenario 2, the Yearly Cash Flow is different from the baseline in 2026 - 2030, and different from Scenario 1 in 2030, but the same in all other years.
In Scenario 3, the Yearly Cash Flow is different from the baseline in 2026 - 2040, different from Scenario 1 in 2030 - 2040, and different from Scenario 2 in 2031 - 2040, but the same in all other years.

The documentation notes that “If you override a category with a life event, when the event ends the amount will go to zero. In other words, the baseline budget won’t return once the life event ends.”

If that is the case, I would expect all three scenarios above to yield the same projection. Since they don’t, it seems that the baseline budget IS returning when a Life Event ends, though I haven’t worked through the formulas to confirm whether this is the case or if something else is happening.

Is this the intended behavior or does the documentation need to be updated? (Or am I completely off base?)

Best regards,
Rob