Create report of recurring expenses

Hi, how can I create a view of recurring expenses each month? I want to know what my fixed costs are each month but don’t know how to go about it. I have created a separate column and mark recurring but I don’t know how to report off it.
Ideally, I would know the total recurring amount and how much is per category such as rent, utilities, insurance, etc.
Thanks for your help
David

2 Likes

Have you tried using the Tags report?

(Newbie here) - I am trying the to get the same information and am trying the Tags Report.

@david2

Put all the categories that you want to track into a group called recurring expenses and then go to the monthly analysis tab.

Cheers,

@david2

Did you resolve your issue yet?

@david2 @cas3

Make your Transactions tab look like this.

Then go to the Monthly Analysis tab and you will see this (some rows have been hidden).

Sweet, right? Tags is not the right tool for this job.

Then you can produce this beautiful chart off of a pivot table.

Notice that the amounts from the chart (which are rounded) tie back exactly to the amounts at the bottom of the Monthly Analysis tab.

This is what they mean when they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Enjoy,

Blake

1 Like

Blake, thank you so much for your time. I didn’t even know that was possible. I will try that out over the weekend. I had a hard time trying to create a pivot chart before. It just came out blank. Any suggestions. How did you learn the system so well?
Thanks again.

@david2

Just do the first two things above which will not take any time at all. The third thing (chart) is just extra gravy which will take some time to master.

Below is a how to video from Heather at Tiller.

See below for the answer to your last question.

Cheers,

Blake