Debt Planner: Payoff Month Not Calculating Correctly

To be honest, @branadonshutter, there are some aspects of your loan portfolio here that are at odds with the way that the Debt Planner model was built.

The model was built assuming that minimum payments alone would hold a balance stable but would not pay off a loan completely. This allows the model to be built with an expectation that only one loan at a time— the prioritized loan receiving the lump payment— would be paid off.

Your portfolio has so many 0%-interest loans and some with relatively high minimum payments. This means that long before they are prioritized, some of these 0%-interest loans could be fully paid off. I did not anticipate this when I built the formulas.

I don’t know for certain, but my guess is that this issue is resulting in some of the calculation problems you are seeing. You could try to rework the hidden formulas to make the model perform better in this scenario (if you do, please share your changes in this thread!). Alternatively, as a workaround, you may be able to set your Min Monthly Payment to $0 for the 0%-interest loans.

Best,
Randy