Envelope Budget Broken

I’ve been using Envelope Budget and setup a Weekly budget (starting mondays) for about a month. Starting this weekend I found that all the rollover amounts seemed a bit excessive, so digging into “Budgets History” tab, I saw that all the “Actual” amounts for all the weeks preceding last week are filled with 0 and consequently all the Rollover amounts are wrong.

I’ve tried following but nothing worked:

1. “Analyze Budgets History” via Add-Ons menu
  2. "Restore dashboard’ via Add-Ons menu
  3. Create new Weekly Budget and copy old Budget / Rollover Mods

Given this used to work without issues, perhaps something changed in the add-on that broke this?

@adriansm. Apologies for the delayed reply here. I’m checking in with the team to see if we can assist you in getting this resolved. Are you still running into issues with the incorrect Rollover amounts?

I think I figured out ann issue with my Spreadsheet. My workflow introduces a lot of manual transactions with Dates including Time as well (ex. 8/5/2020 9AM). I found that a lot of the “Actual” amounts were not being calculated correctly, that seems to be because the Actual amounts are calculated via:

TransactionDate >= PeriodStart AND TransactionDate <= PeriodEnd

With the following periods:

• 7/27/2020 - 8/2/2020
  • 7/20/2020 - 7/26/2020

It ended up dropping all Transactions from 7/26 with timestamp, example:

• With transaction date: 7/26/2020 9AM
  • TransactionDate >= 7/20/2020 (12AM) AND TransactionDate <= 7/26/2020 (12AM) Fails
  • TransactionDate >= 7/27/2020 (12AM) AND TransactionDate <= 8/2/2020 (12AM) Fails

A proper fix would probably be to set PeriodEnd to a day after and make it non-inclusive. That is:

• New Periods
    • 7/27/2020 - 8/3/2020
    • 7/20/2020 - 7/27/2020
  • New check: Transaction Date >= PeriodStart AND Transaction Date < PeriodEnd

As for the missing “Actual” and “Rollover” Amounts I’ve since removed the old entries and adjusted rollovers manually. I haven’t ran into such issues since I fixed per above over the last 2 weeks.