How to get started fresh after being away for a bit

I am a newbie as of May 1st. Then got sick. Now I am back. What in the world am I supposed to do?

My Tiller was not updating my bank accounts, so I signed off. Ouch. Now how do I get back, do I really need to go through those trainer tabs all over again???

Also, I see folks talking about auto update as if there is a button. Where is it?

My advice, don’t start a new budget software and get sick. I am so lost.

1 Like

:wave: @KnovlCoOwner!

You can always access your accounts and sheets from the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google

From there you’ll want to make sure accounts have recently refreshed by reviewing the recent refresh dates and clicking “refresh” for any that haven’t refreshed recently. If you see “error” instead of refresh try Connection > Edit Credentials to re-authenticate your accounts.

From there open your sheet and then launch the Tiller Money Feeds add-on from the Add-ons menu at the top of the sheet and click “Fill sheets”

You can also perform those refresh steps right from the add-on sidebar under Connected Accounts.

If you need help getting your template set up, our quick guide is here that includes a video and you can watch on getting started with the Foundation template or feel free to join our Free Weekly Foundations Webinar for more hands on help and live Q&A.

1 Like

@KnovlCoOwner don’t worry too much about getting started again, it’s not not as tough as it looks! I’ll second everything @heather recommended, that’s a great way to get the basics going.

You don’t have to worry about categorizing all of your old transactions, if that’s overwhelming. I know it was for me at times. Just follow the Quick Start guide and ignore the past months, make sure your budget is set up for June, and go from there. And feel free to ask as many questions as you want here!

To answer one of your questions, here’s how to set up your bank data to auto-update in your budget:

1. At the top of the page, click Add-ons → Tiller Money Feeds → Launch. This will launch the sidebar.
  2. Once that has opened, click on Settings
  3. Turn on Auto Fill

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Matt, goodness, that was what I needed. It is the part of being an entrepreneur with so many hats to wear. I know if I had time to sit with Tiller for a while, I’d see these things I am passing up. I don’t though.

But I can go to add ons > money feed > launch. That feels about right for me as for commitment to moving these numbers around. a process of 1.2.3.

Not 1.2.3.4.5.6 then 1.2.3.4 then… I get brain drained and move on to something else.

Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

@KnovlCoOwner glad I could help! Feel free to post here or message me directly if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like