The first night I downloaded Tiller, I connected my accounts, watched the transactions pour in, and checked out the insights dashboard.
Then I closed my computer. “I don’t think this is robust enough for me,” I said to my wife.
A few days later…
I played with some manual categorization of transactions…
Then I used the AutoCat feature…
Then added Tiller Labs…
Downloaded the Net Worth Tracker…
Holy smokes I couldn’t believe how far off base I was. Truly laughable. Thrilled I kept at it.
So my question is: What next?
Context: I have a good handle on my money, e.g. for the last 3-4 years have a budget with 80% confidence, net worth tracking 95% confidence in, and a yearly cash flow projection I have 70% confidence in. All this was being done by manually pasting from PC and Mint into my own spreadsheet.
LOVE that Tiller can automate so many things I used to do manually. And makes it SO MUCH easier to change how I group or categorize transactions and accounts. Limit, meet sky.
But where would you start?
Here are the broad strokes of how I think I’m going to approach this, open to feedback:
- Use AutoCat to finish categorizing items
- Develop my budget
- Build out my net worth tracker
- Add my manual accounts (for some reason I don’t have the motivation to do the manual accounts at the moment, but once the net worth tracker is set I think the motivation will be there)
- Cashflow - monthly projections
- Forecast - longer forecasting
- Fancy dashboarding
Would love to hear what you think, and happy to continue to add to this thread if people are interested.