šŸ† Income Settings sheet for Google Sheets

I copied this sheet in, today, and it didnā€™t display any categories. I manually typed in the stuff in the highlighted area from a snippet posted above to get it to work.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really odd. There must have been some kind of hang-up or something when you imported the sheet. I just tried adding it to a test workbook and everything succeeded. If you want, you can try to reinstall the sheet, or just copy the formulas for those cells into your sheet.

Hi there! I am having some trouble getting my net income to show up properly in the ā€˜Income Settingsā€™ sheet. I did try to adjust the formula from 0.73 to a variety of other numbers, but the net pay in O9 remains unchanged. I do have my paycheck split up to be received in two separate accounts, so I adjusted the amounts within Transactions to see how it would react. I increased my income more than 10x in both transactions, and it getting closer to my true net pay amount. Would you happen to have any thoughts for this?

1 Like

The code that generates that average is looking at the average of all transactions that have been categorized under the category chosen in cell O4 since the date in the corresponding B column.
If there are no transactions that have been categorized under that category, then it defaults to the ā€œGross pay * 0.73ā€ number you were playing with.

This solution does require you to have a category that you only use to tag for your income source. A few things I could think of that could be causing the issue is that (1) a category is not chosen for Net Pay or (2) transactions are erroneously tagged with the chosen net pay category. If neither of these are the case, let me know and we can keep digging!

Hi there,

I was actually able to get everything corrected! I realized that the income is split between the different bank accounts and is showing that average, but all is good now.

Thank you so much for your responses and willingness to help!! =]

1 Like