Issues Removing External File References When Copying Excel Template

Here is what I got. See attached

(Attachment Tiller There a problem error.docx is missing)

Ack… disappointing that this sheet insertion has been so fussy. Frankly, Excel’s tooling makes this MUCH harder than it should be by defaulting to referencing cells in an external file. (I can see how that behavior would be valuable in some scenarios, but it seems like it should not be the default behavior to me.)

Later this year, our product team plans to start work on new insert-template functionality that should improve this workflow significantly (I can’t offer an ETA at this time).

We are 10 responses in on this thread, @tjones4852, and I’m sorry but I need to move on to some other tasks.

At the core, this is the solution… you need to strip the external-file-path component off of your Excel Table & cell references. This can be done manually or via find/replace.

I’m sorry not to be able to run this to ground with you… :frowning_face:

I understand this my second attempt at this.

I keep my foundation on a QNAP drive but that should not be an issue.

I am running a new pc with win11 and ms365 family.

I have loaded a couple of other sheets to my foundation in the past on my old win10

After further review I find I don’t have a table named Categories in my foundation

Do you have the Categories sheet installed? If you look at the Tiller Foundation template (you can pull up a new one from the console: my.tillerhq.com) you’ll see the Categories sheet and in the Categories sheet you can see it is set up as a table.

I have the sheet. I will set up the entire sheet less the header row as a table unless that is incorrect

Issue resolved with setting up table

Problem resolved as CATEGORIES was not set up as table

image.png

I’m glad you ran this to ground, @tjones4852. What a relief!