🏆 Year-to-Date Comparison - Excel

Joseph,

Your fix worked! Also, i figured out why it worked until November 2023. In November the Categories column went from Z (October) to AA (November) so that’s why the original =char function worked for 10 months then blew up in November!

Cool!

Thanks,

George

1 Like

I LOVED this for my 2023 budget. Will it work for my 2024 budget?

Yes, expand the hidden columns (J-AE) and change the year in cell K15. I’ll update it now in the shared template so now downloads don’t have to change it.

I changed the value in K15 to 2024, however the formula for the end of the year miscalculates until the current year is 2024. For a quick fix of the end of year date, I added 365 to the K15 value. This resolves as of January 1 and the original formula will work.

1 Like

The name Super Hero fits – you are wonderful to change the download! Also, you were kind to reply so quickly. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you Joseph for creating the YTD Comparison. I like it.

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded this template March 20, 2024. I’ve read all of the posts but I’m still having a problem. If I change K15 from 2024 to 2023, the worksheet fills correctly. If I change it back to 2024 then C10-H10 and below are now blank. What do I need to adjust to get this work for 2024, or years in the future?

Did you follow the instructions?

Well, I think I did? :wink:

If you expand the hidden data by clicking on the ‘+’ above column AF, is data and correct numbers showing up in columns O-W and Z-AE?