A few categories not calculating and so incorrect in Monthly and Yearly totals

Some categories are not being added to the monthly and yearly totals. Even though in Column D in transactions, the transaction amounts do not show up in monthly and yearly budgets. It’s not all categories, just random ones.

Do you have the categories set as expenses on the Categories sheet?

1 Like

Yes, the categories are set as expenses. It’s only a few of the categories out of about 30 that are not working correctly.

Hmm. That’s a stumper. Only thing else to double-check is that you didn’t accidentally set them to hidden, but you probably already thought of that.

Are these categories showing up in the budget reports as $0, or not listed at all?

Have you done any renaming of the Categories sheet? The sheet name, not individual categories. If the original Categories sheet gets renamed, even if a replacement sheet is given the same Categories name, that could what I think you’re describing.

Do the Transactions sheet Category names exactly match the Categories sheet Category names, including number of spaces?

Hi, Mark,

Thank you for the reply.

The categories are showing up on budget reports as $0 (actually a few transactions were included but most were not).

Have not renamed the
sheet and everything matches. I finally deleted the category name for the categories not working and put them back in and now the totals are showing up on the budget sheets.

Thank you! I finally deleted the category name for the categories not working and put them back in and now the totals are showing up on the budget sheets

1 Like

Glad to hear everything is working again, @nhouse96.