Add Tags Column to Category Rollup Report

Is there a simple way to add a Tags column to my Category Rollup Report? I have it included in my Transactions, along with Notes. I’ve also added Notes to the report, but I’d prefer Tags instead. Hope this is not a dumb question/already answered… I’m a newbie! lol

I’m not sure about the Category Rollup since I don’t use it, but there is a Tags Report you could use to accomplish that.

@LAlexander, sure thing! You can just add the Tags column to your Categories sheet and then start adding tags. Then the report generator will give you the option to choose a tag.

Are you asking if the report generator can include additional columns, @LAlexander? If so, that is not possible at this time unfortunately. The scripts that generate the Tiller Money Labs reports only include a fixed set of columns.

In other news, we just published a new Tiller Money Labs feature today that lets you add columns to some of Tiller’s core sheets (like Tags and Note).

This is actually a cool idea for the “add a column” feature :point_down:

Hi I’m new to Tiller but I agree I would love to see the ability to add columns to certain reports. Right now the only one I can think of is this Category Roll Up Report. I would like to be able to add Tags and Notes like @LAlexander. Since this post is from 2020 have their been any updates to this? Is that functionality available?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question, like I said I’m new :slight_smile:

@brigvb, you can include notes in the Category Rollup report if you have the “Note” column (no quotes) in your Transactions sheet. It’s Note singular not plural.

There haven’t been any changes to this to include additional columns.

Thank you. I figured out after writing that that I had notes plural and not singular which helped. I’d still love to see tags at the transaction level added in someday.
Thank you for your response!

Brigid vanBaal