Adding Manual Transactions

:wave:

Hello. I wasn’t able to find the exact question I was looking for.
So here is my question.

Do you have to use the Tiller Money Feed Tool (Add Manual Transaction), to add manual transactions, or can you just enter the manual transaction in the TRANSACTIONS sheet? If you can use the transactions sheet, can you still reconcile the transactions?

2 Likes

Yes, you can add manual transactions without using the Add Manual Transaction Tool.

I have a sheet called Recurring Transactions that looks just like the Transactions sheet. I copy and paste from Recurring Transactions into Transactions all the time - it’s much easier and faster than using the tool. It’s mostly populated with monthly bills, deposits, etc.

As long as you keep the Metadata field (in the Transactions Sheet) populated with the same format of {“manualTransaction”:{“reconcile”:true,“ignoredIds”:}}, the Reconcile feature still works like a charm.

1 Like

Another question here, USAA is not connecting now so I added the last two transactions maunally. However on the balance screen the account is still greyed out and shows the incorrect balance.
tiller_pic
How do I resolve this ? SO far I Added USAA as a maunal account but know it shows it twice on the accounts screen.

Blake, ive been manually adding balance entries for my existing USAA account and doing a weekly import of transactions using a csv and copying transactions

The process i use to add balances is on the balance history page and copy and paste the most recent balance and adjust the necessary date and balance columns

I also make sure to update the week and month columns appropriately as well.

Thanks very much, I just updated that way and worked like a charm

1 Like

OMG @martha.rudkin that is an absolute genius solution.

And you just gave me another idea too. That would work great for splitting transactions too.
The way I was doing it was definitely more time consuming.

Such as a 1 payment withdrawal for Insurance splits - I wouldn’t have to remember each amount either.
Then when I get the insurance renewal, I can simply change the amounts in one place.

• Amount for House
  • Amount for my car
  • Amount for husband car
  • Amount for boat, etc
1 Like

On splitting transactions, the Tiller transaction splitter has a Saved Splits functionality (scroll down on this page for details) that works similarly to @martha.rudkin’s solution, but is integrated into the split transaction tool. Maybe Tiller could implement that same workflow for recurring manual transactions and give @martha.rudkin all the credit. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @dmetiller but I a using excel not google, and I don’t think there is a solution for excel yet.

1 Like

Aha. (This thread is tagged as Google Sheets, which is why I replied as I did.)

Oops @dmetiller I didn’t even notice that myself. I was too excited about @martha.rudkin idea about creating a new sheet, which would also work for excel. LOL. Sorry about that.

1 Like

All good. We can share. :wink: