Bill reminders issue

Hi all,

While using this template I am getting Google Apps Script myNotification errors. The email I get says the error is the following: Exception: You do not have permission to call Session.getActiveUser. Required permissions: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email

I’m not sure how to fix this issue an hope someone can help! I tried going in and re-running the script and gave it the permissions I thought it needed, but then received another failure email.

Thanks!

@rickdelafuente,

For context you’re referencing this, right?

Also, I’m not 100% sure why it wouldn’t work but you might make sure you don’t have any Google account authentication conflicts like the script being added to a sheet that’s owned by a different user than the one signed into your browser.

@jono do you have any ideas?

@heather,

Yes, I’m referencing that. And I’m sorry, I should’ve come back to this thread to update. I think the issue has resolved itself. I haven’t been getting the script error emails lately. I think I might’ve had to go in and grant permissions again, for some reason. So I think I should be good to go.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@rickdelafuente,
I’m glad to hear you it is working again.

I think it’s very likely it was a permissions issue. It’s possible you fixed it originally when you updated the permissions, but that error email was the result of an error before you gave it the permissions.

Jon

1 Like