Category roll up summary?

Is there a way to summarize the category roll up report so that you see only the totals per category and not all the detail?

Hi @jandeaton3, and welcome!

I think you may be able to get the level of detail you are looking for from the Category Tracker solution. On the left, it has a sum total of each category for the specified time period, and on the right it allows you to summarize transactions for a single category grouped by transaction description.

I would also suggest taking a look at a modification for the Category Tracker that I recently shared, the Transaction Tracker. This template has all of the functionality of the Category Tracker but allows you to query by group or category, and show detailed transactions or summary of transaction descriptions. If you copy the template to your Foundation spreadsheet, it should work right out of the box.

I hope that I was able to help you out!

I can’t figure out how I copy the tracker sheet to my foundation sheet.

Oh I found the instructions on how to add it. Thanks!

My bank account transactions are not downloading. My bank has 2 step verification. After I enter the verification code, nothing happens. Only my credit card transactions are downloading. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Glad you were able to add the tracker!

Unfortunately I can’t really say what is causing your transaction download issue. I would recommend getting in touch with Tiller’s support. They are very good at troubleshooting those sorts of things. Look for the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the Tiller console page.