Category Tracker (Excel)

Can you share what the error message for the #NAME? error says, please?

1 Like

I get an “Invalid Name Error”. No matter the category I choose, I get the same issue.

Hello, any follow up or suggestions recommend? I’m still having an issue getting the report to show me what I need.

Having the same issue but gave up when there was no follow-up from support or fix.

Just peeking at this. I can’t reproduce it at this point. The formula in J9 looks pretty straightforward:

=IF(ISBLANK(I9),"",SUMPRODUCT(Transactions[Amount]*(Transactions[Category]=$I$6)*(Transactions[Date]>=$E$2)*(Transactions[Date]<=$G$2)*(Transactions[Description]=$I9)))

Could you try to isolate which part of the formula Excel doesn’t recognize? E.g. see if you can create a simple formula with SUMPRODUCT() or ISBLANK() etc…

You two (@DIGS & @adekunledauda) are on the 1.62 version? What is your OS and Excel version? Are you running Excel in the cloud?

What happens if you replace SUMPRODUCT with just SUM?

Mine is now working. I haven’t look at it since I reported the error months ago but give it a try after seeing your post and it worked with no change to the formula.

Bizarre. Glad to hear it is working now.
(Hard to know what to do about the template… :thinking:)

I’ve tried both SUMPRODUCT() and ISBLANK() without issue in my spreadsheet. I’ll have to dig in some more and try to troubleshoot but so far, no luck.

I’m unsure where to find in Tiller what version I’m on. I’m using Windows 11 Version 22H2. Excel version is Microsoft 365 (Version 2212 - Build 15928.202.16) and I’m using the Desktop App version.

Hi @DIGS - generally we see this NAME error when you’re using a version of Excel that does not support the functions in the template, but if you’re using a version installed from Microsoft 365 it shouldn’t be an issue.

Do you have a previous version of Excel also installed on the computer? Sometimes Excel will behave oddly if there is an older version installed in addition to the newer M365 version.

I did/maybe still do have Professional 2021 installed. I tried to force Office 365 but it does still recognize the other version. I’ll give it a go to uninstall the Pro version and come back to update my status.

Ok, @DIGS. Let us know. We appreciate your persistence on this.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to delete or remove the Professional 2021 install or license. I’ve installed Office completely on my PC. I downloaded Office 365 again and it’s still there.

I’m stuck and open to any suggestions.

Oof. Sorry to hear things have gotten complicated.
Let us know if there is a magical step to resolve this issue.

(Fortunately for me, I’m a Mac person. :green_apple:)

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to change the link: " Links to ‘XYZ.xlsx’ were not updated because ‘XYZ.xlsx’ was not recalculated before it was last saved." …“To update links with current values in ‘XYZ.xlsx’, clink OK.”…"To cancel updating the links to ‘XYZ.xlsx’, click cancel.

I am not an excel guru. I do not know what this means or how I can fix it.

Please advise.

Hi,
Can you open the Excel file that’s referenced in that error message (you’re calling it XYZ.xlsx)? If so, you can open & recalculate formulas on that reference workbook. Then your links should work OK.

If you can’t open the "XYZ.xlsx’ then you can try just clicking the OK button to use whatever was cached from before.

21 posts were split to a new topic: Issues Removing External File References When Copying Excel Template

how can i get this templates or other ready, like a balance sheet for excel, and where, all and mostly they are for Google sheets. and i a new user with 5 sheets on my max sheets with an excel. Also if i can ask, can i in the future , to merge two excel sheets , and use one for google, should i change the tiller money to a google accounts ? or i can still use google sheets with my Microsoft account, and use the google sheets? i am using the tillers for a rental property . thanks

It doesn’t matter what type of email account you used to sign up for Tiller, you can use both Excel and Google sheets with your subscription. No need to change anything!

This one is available in Excel, here’s how you can get the template:

1. Download the Category Tracker v1.62 workbook . (Version was bumped July 22, 2022.)
  2. Follow these instructions to copy the downloaded template into your Excel workbook and to connect the formula references to your local workbook data.

I’m having the same issue but have an up to date excel with 365 and the latest category tracker sheet. Any tips for how to get the totals to work out in the category section??