Changing the end year in retirement planner

Just had a question regarding the retirement planner template. Currently, it only shows estimates up to 2050. Is there a way to change the year to 2060, 2070 or beyond?

:wave: @wild ! Welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, I believe if you unhide the columns out to the right on the Retirement Planner you can change the model year max number there.

Click the small triangles at the edge of the last visible far right column (in the header letter row at the very top) to unhide columns.

1 Like

Strange I’m only getting 30 years max were you talking about adjusting this
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 12.04.53 PM

Welcome @TillNextTime :wave:

Yes, I think that is where you would change the max years. Is that right @jono ?

Sort of. But…

If you have a Cash Flow sheet, the Retirement Sheet uses the same number of years as the Cash Flow sheet automatically. So to change the Retirement Sheet years, adjust the Cash Flow sheet in A1.

If there is no Cash Flow sheet, then the hidden value in cell AD2, where you set the Number of Years is used.

Retirement sheet cell AS11 determines if a Cash Flow Forecast sheet exists.

The heading of that section tries to explain it. “Set Chart Years Manually if No Cash Flow Sheet Exists.” Maybe it needs to also say “If Cash Flow Sheet Exists, then adjust the number of years on that sheet in A1 to also set the Retirement sheets years.” But that’s a mouthful.