🏆 Docs: Transaction Tracker (Excel)

Hi Randy. Thanks again for assistance. I am not too technical so I need a plug and play type solution. For some reason this is not working with my spreadsheet. I have tried on two different computers so it must be my spreadsheet. I will try once more from scratch and then give up (which I dont like doing). But hey time v reward comes into it. Cheers Henry

Its interesting Randy and Joe that I have today successfully loaded the Waterfall Add on. It uses the same process that this document tracker outlines to include in personal spreadsheet. So I am not technical but surely this means there is a clitch in the Transaction tracker somewhere. I hope it can be fixed one day so I can use this Tracker. :grinning:

Hi @henryb , and @randy - well I’ve just downloaded this sheet too, and followed the steps and have the same error as you Henry. However I fixed it, buy adding in a column in my Transactions sheet, called Note. This needs to be done before editing the source doc in edit links.

Hopefully that works for you

1 Like

@annaisakiwi Thanks so much. I tried it and the error did not arise :slight_smile: However it seems to have caused an error in the start month and end month drop down. So can you tell me please where on your transaction sheet you added the column. ie between which other columns ? Henry

Hi, glad one issue is resolved. I will note that in the top and possibly remove it entirely.
To add the Note column, please do it to the right of everything else. Please let me know if that resolves it.

Just downloaded this, it is awesome, thank you

Hi . Unfortunately it did not resolve it. I get a #ref error on the transaction tracker worksheet . :frowning: Surely if everyone else is loading your worksheet successfully I must be doing something wrong!!! So when I put a date into the tracker I get the attached message with a #ref! error. This is a bit embarrassing because I am quite IT literate and strange to have this ongoing issue.
Picture1

Sorry to hear the template still isn’t working, @henryb.

We would need a little more information to help with debug— you get a #REF error where? when you put a date where? what does the date look like when you enter it? what do the headers look like in your Transactions sheet?

Also, if you use one of the drop down time periods, does it work?

Amazing . I tried load again this morning and it worked . Drop down time periods included. Who knows why??? I am happy . Thanks for staying with me on this.

On your Transactions sheet do you have a blank column A, so that Date is column B?

Amazing. This morning I tried loading sheet again and it worked. I am very happy. Thanks Randy for staying with me on this . Much appreciated. This case now be closed. :grinning:

Confusing… but great news.

Hey Guys:
I got away from using this template because of errors I was getting but thought I would try it again. After downloading and inserting the template into my foundation file, I get the #Ref! error in Cell A10 and in Y4 and Z4. Is there a resolution that I missed for this?

That is weird because Y and Z are date filters. Did you have any other errors? Did you rename your transactions sheet or remove the table name from the sheet? By default Tiller sets the transactions as a table

No - I double-checked and the sheet is labeled “Transactions” as is the table name

Does the order of columns make a difference in the formulas? My columns are in the following order - Date Description Category Amount Account Tags

Do you have any errors in AG or AH as well, and no errors in the other fields?
I think the table might have lost its formatting if that’s the case.
If you go to a blank field and start typing " =tra" does it start to autofill “transactions?”
If you type “=transactions[” it should show you a list of columns to autofill, and typing in one of them, for example, “=Transactions[Account]” should show you a list of accounts you use.
If it doesn’t, then you need to recreate the table on the Transactions sheet, so that all the Tiller formulas will work correctly.
If this isn’t it, then we still have some troubleshooting to do.

AG and AH are fine -

Transactions[Tags]
First Date Last Date
1/1/2020 11/9/2022

Every other request above performs as they should perform.

That is weird. Y and Z just pull the same date and filter to return month. Those columns aren’t needed to run the query, just to select the filter for B3 and D3.
If you hover over A10 what is the message?

Can you paste the following into one of the cells and let me know if it returns:
=FILTER(CHOOSE({1,2,3,4,5,6},Transactions[Date],Transactions[Description],Transactions[Category],Transactions[Amount],Transactions[Account],IFERROR(INDIRECT(AH2),“”)),Transactions[Amount])

A10 = =FILTER(CHOOSE({1,2,3,4,5,6},Transactions[Date],Transactions[Description],Transactions[Category],Transactions[Amount],Transactions[Account],IFERROR(INDIRECT(AH2),“”)),(Transactions[Category]<>“Transfer”)IF($D$3=“”,((IF($B$3<>“”,Transactions[Month]>=$B$3,Transactions[Month]>=AG4))(IF($B$4<>“”,Transactions[Month]<=$B$4,Transactions[Month]<=AH4))),Transactions[Date]=$D$3)(IF($F$3<>“”,Transactions[Account]=$F$3,1=1))(IF($H$4=TRUE,Transactions[Note]<>“”,1=1))(IF($H$3<>“”,Transactions[Amount]=$H$3,1=1))(IF($F$4<>“”,INDIRECT(AH2)=$F$4,1=1))*(IF($D$4<>“”,Transactions[Category]=$D$4,1=1)))

When I type the command you asked me to enter into another column, it returns all of my transactions from the transactions sheet. That’s good news, right?