Monthly Cash Flow Projections

Does anyone have a solution for projecting monthly cash flows? I’m looking for a way to see what the future year or two will look like, given certain spending habits.

I’d love to be able to see projected expenditures based on my actual expenditures, but also to be able to manipulate these as what-if scenarios. So like, what if I spent less on restaurants? What if I increased my grocery spending? What if I took a vacation in July? That sort of thing.

I’d love to see how that affects my year’s cash flow. I assume that this is something that everyone wants, so I’m sure there’s a solution in the community somewhere, but I’ve searched a lot and haven’t been able to find anything. Sorry if this is really obvious! Could someone point me in the right direction?

Take a look at Cash Flow Forecast (Excel) i think that may be about what you’re looking for

Thanks for the reply! I’ve looked through that, but it’s not the thing I’m looking for. That seems more like a long-term view, looking at one year at a time. I’m looking for more granular control and a monthly view. I’d like to see 12 or 24 months at a time, and I would like to be able to see my monthly expenses.

2 Likes

Another tool that is worth a look is @jpfieber’s Budget Plan. It’s designed a bit more as a next-year budget planner but I can imagine using it to enter scenarios including one-off expenses like vacations and remodels.

This is great! Thanks for the suggestion. I think I can tweak it to make it work for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome. Let us know how it goes. It’s a great template.