New Envelope Budget v. 2.0 Released for review.

All, I am excited to release version 2.0 of the envelope budget sheet that I started building last year. I am a huge fan of envelope budgeting. Honestly it has changed how I manage my finances and how I view spending and money in general.

Just to be clear, this is not a Tiller supported template but it does work with the Tiller Foundation Sheet.

I am still working on the updated documentation but wanted to send out so people could start kicking the tires and give me feedback I have used this version for several months as my daily budget so it should be good for you too.

Click on this link to make a copy of the new sheet.
Envelopes with Templates 2.0 - Make a copy

I have added a bunch more capabilites to the sheet, but have tried to keep the ease of use and simplicity of the original sheet.

Main Capabiities: (items with a * means it is new in v 2.0)

• Fund Envelopes using customizable templates

• Show Savings Goals and progress towards goals.

• Dedicated Funding Sheet to easily track the filling of envelopes.

• Ability to track current month and future balances( YNAB users rejoice)

• *Build custom View Templates to quickly change the current view with 11 different insights and more coming.

• *View by Group or Account

• *Improved Categories Sheet ( but still maintains Foundation Sheet Capabilities)

• *A new Balance Comparison Sheet that allows for easy reconciliation of Envelope to Bank Balances

Until I finish the full documentation, the best way to get started is just to click the link which should prompt you to make your own copy of the sheet.
Envelopes with Templates 2.0 - Make a copy

There is already sample data in the file ( transactions, funding transactions, and categories) you could just add to these or delete these and start your own. If you wan to learn the basics just refer to the existing documenation sheet as most things still apply.

Goodluck and I hope you like it. If you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out.

Rich

Thanks for sharing an updated release @richl! Exciting to see the improvements :slight_smile:

This is awesome! Would love it if you could do a quick video walkthrough of how to use the sheet & set it up!