Potential Error generated by Categories sheet formula which copies cells across budgeted months

To use this amazing Savings Budget solution (Thank you!!), should I delete the Categories formula that automatically copies budget data from one month to the next? as displayed in this image:
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.40.37 AM

The problem I am having is that when I adjust my budget in the Savings Budget sheet, by adding or subtracting an amount from one category to cover overspending in another category. - “Column I - Adjust”, the budget in my Categoriessheet is updated across all the remaining months of the year. Is it supposed to work like this?

It doesn’t make sense to me, that for example, If I take 500 out of groceries for October, to cover overspending in restaurants , that my Groceries budget (as displayed in my ‘Categories’ sheet) for Nov and December would be $500 less (or in my case, zero). And then my Restaurants budget would increase from Nov-Dec by $500. To me, it makes sense that when an amount is deleted from one category for one month, it just be for that month. Am I missing something or do I need to delete the formula pictured above

@nataliapinzon You are correct in that when the Savings Budget is updated via the sidebar workflow, budget changes will be written to your Categories sheet. Also, yes, you can get rid of the formulas so changes aren’t made to subsequent months.

1 Like