Quickbooks online to Tiller just starting out

How do I get my transactions from Quickbooks online into CSV to import to Tiller?

@shrimax2 We don’t have a way to convert Quickbooks data int a CSV. You will likely need to reach out to Quickbooks support on how to generate a CSV with your transactions.

@randy you moved from Quickbooks, right? Any advice?

Oh wow. That was several years ago.
I’ve been doing my small-business books in a very powerful Tiller spreadsheet for a long time now. :wink:

It looks like there are some pointers on how to export from Quickbooks to a MSExcel format at this link. You should be able to ingest those tables using File / Import in a Google Sheet.

I’d recommend creating a new Tiller spreadsheet, @shrimax2, and then manually mapping your data into the Transactions sheet. Sorry we don’t have an importer yet. If you’re willing to share a little bit of your imported sheet, I may be able to whip up an importer (depending on how compatible the format is). I’d need the header row, one deposit and one withdrawal.

Good luck.

Hello - I’m new to Tiller (Ex Mint User) for personal finance. I also own a small business and have been using Quickbook Pro Online. I only have been using it for 2 years and dislike the complexity. However, It does have some features like Chart of Accounts. Is there a Tiller workshop or training how we can use this for business needs too?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi @jeff.skvarce , There are some posts that have some ideas here: Business - Tiller

I’m not sure of any other posts or training but maybe @randy might have some thoughts?

Thanks Tom, I am checking that out.

I very much want to escape the Quickbook Pro eco system. @randy I guess my two biggest topics is the ability to reconcile accounts each month and the chart of accounts feature which can track our owner contributions and loans owed to them.

I’m sure it’s all possible, just need to figure out how to do this in Tiller

I’ll keep playing with it, but if there is any advice or shortcuts to get this info…please let me know

Jeff

Hey @jeff.skvarce! Welcome to Tiller.

I know there are dozens of small business owners using Tiller and in this community but most of the published and shared solutions and templates are personal-finance focused.

We do have an end-of-month account statement/reconciliation workflow in Sheets.

I can’t recall a chart-of-accounts-type template. :slightly_frowning_face: