Savings Budget not working for February 2024

I’ve been using the Savings Budget template for about 18 months and it has always worked perfectly. For some reason though it’s not working this month (February 2024) - all of my rollover data is missing and some cells are showing errors. Specifically the “Col - Categories - Budget Period” section (cell BE19) shows this:

“Error: Did not find value ‘45323’ in MATCH evaluation.”

And that is causing other sections to show errors, such as the “Budgets Prior to Period” section which shows this:

“Error: In ARRAY_LITERAL, an Array Literal was missing values for one or more rows.”

Every other month for 2024 appears to be working properly, it’s just February that isn’t working for some reason. I’ve tried several things including deleting all transactions in my sheet except for one, but I still get that error and can’t figure out how to fix it. Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this and get it fixed?

Thanks!

Hmm. I’m not very good at interpreting Sheets error messages, but have you checked your February budgets on your Categories sheet? I wonder if there’s anything funky going on there.

I just checked - I have the same budgets every month and the entries for February are identical to all of the other months.

Sorry, wish I could help, but I’m not sure why things would have gone haywire for this one month. All that stuff in BE is happening behind the scenes based on information you’ve entered elsewhere. Maybe @randy can help solve this. He’s the master of the Savings Budget.

I tried several more things (updating my templates, removing/reinstalling the Savings Budget template, etc.) and nothing worked. I finally re-created my spreadsheet from scratch and copied my data over to the new spreadsheet and now everything is working perfectly again. I have no idea what went wrong, but my original spreadsheet was about 2 years old so perhaps it was just time to rebuild it. Fortunately copy/pasting my data over to the new spreadsheet was pretty easy, so it only took about 20 minutes to get up and running again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This to me sounds like a date formatting issue? The date was formatted as a string?

Thanks for validating that it’s not just me. I tried copying my data into a new spreadsheet yesterday and still had problems with Savings Budget and AutoCat, plus I was getting duplicates of almost all of my Transactions but I’m glad copying and pasting was successful for you! Last night I started building yet another new spreadsheet from scratch. I’m currently in the process of going through every transaction for January and February (360 of 'em) to re-categorize, build new AutoCat rules, and add Transaction Notes and Tags. To say it’s tedious and taking a LOT of time is an understatement but so far everything seems to be working correctly. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Which date are you asking about? The Savings Budget template has dropdowns for selecting the year and month, but other than setting those I haven’t really done anything with dates.

I’m not completely sure :woman_shrugging: :smiley:

It just seems like "“Error: Did not find value ‘45323’ in MATCH evaluation.” is referring to a date somewhere that’s misformatted, it could be in the Transactions sheet.

But that could also be a red herring and it’s something totally unrelated that caused it to break in Feb 2024. I’m not very knowledgable about how that template works.