Seeking a Personal Finance Advisor to setup Tiller

I’d like to talk with you about setting up Tiller and ongoing bookkeeping services as well! masked email for security/privacy

Tiller/coaching page does not exist! I need help with some roadblocks I’m finding with my setup. Especially challenging for me is the credit cards that aren’t paid in full. Stupidly we have business mixed with personal on cards and need to figure deductions out or will have a HUGE tax liability. Tax extension now. Is there help? I won’t need monthly oversight, just setup.

Hi @pointpleasantstudios - sorry about that error, we have suspended the 1:1 coaching for the time being, but the page should work now with an interest form you can fill out.

As for your specific questions, I’d recommend either posting your questions here in the community under Ask Anything and/or reach out to our support team and we can offer some recommended workflows for your situation.

Even though you have business and personal mixed, you can customize your categories such that you can easily organize things to figure out what your deductions are. More in this guide: How to Use Tiller to Organize Your Finances for Tax Time | Tiller Help Center

@gwasmuth please reach out directly to @kirsti.rehler via a Direct Message or she can message you, just want to keep your email address private/secure. Thanks!

I offer these services as well – happy to discuss further if you want to set up a call on my calendar. https://untangleyourmoney.com/

Absolutely! Are you familiar with how to track real estate rental properties in Tiller?

I use Tiller to track my own rental properties, happy to discuss further. Depending on whether the rental property finances are intertwined with your personal finances or not, you would either want to make new categories and groups for the rental property data to live within your personal sheet, or have a fully separate sheet (Tiller allows you up to five sheets).

, i am looking for : sub categories ,payee column , and totals by accounts, like a quick book for a rental properties , do you have a temples ready or a anything…?

Hi there - I’d be happy to talk with you to see if I can help. Feel free to DM me to connect. You can definitely separate your business and personal expenses in the same account (obviously, things like dining out might be a bit more tedious to go through to know if it’s business or personal).

As for the credit cards that aren’t paid in full – the simplest method to track is - 1. if it’s possible for you to quit using the card and have everything come out of another card that doesn’t have debt accrued or a debit card, then all payments to the card carrying debt will be easy to categorize as a debt payoff.

Other option is a bit more tedious, but I’d suggest 2 categories - 1 is credit card payments as a transfer type and 1 is credit card debt as an expense type. You’d make 2 payments on your card each month, 1 payment to pay off the current month’s spending (this is the transfer type category) and 1 payment to make progress on the debt balance (this is the credit card debt category).

The last option is if you are continuing to accrue debt (and not paying it off), then all your credit card payments can be categorized as a transfer type.

Hopefully that makes sense – I fear it doesn’t LOL.

1 Like

Hi Kirsti, I’d love to discuss getting some consulting help from you.

Kern

1 Like

Hi Kirsti,

I’d like the same help with my Tiller set up. Can we connect?

Sure thing, Chandler. I just messaged you.