Adding new Net Worth types to the Net Worth Snapshot spreadsheet

I’d like to add some new net worth types and comparisons to the top of the Net Worth Snapshot spreadsheet. I know the word “type” here is pretty over used but hopefully an example will help.

Between “NET WORTH” and “ASSET” I would like to create new blue rows including current date, comparison date and change percentage that represent

1. Net worth disregarding mortgage and home value
  2. Net worth disregarding home value but keeps mortgage

I’m having three issues trying to do this with my level of google sheets understanding

1. When I create new rows, the numbers update. I was not expecting this to happen but I’m guessing because of many dollar-sign references. Is that anything that I can do to add rows and keep the values/references correct?
  2. I don’t see where the formula is to calculate the change column of the net worth row. The percentage just seems to drop out of thin air.
  3. I’m not sure the correct way to lookup by “group”. My mortgage and home value are in the “groups” Mortgage and Real Estate and I’d like to avoid hard coding into the template the specific cells in case that I add/change accounts in the future.

@john.k.paul If you haven’t already, check out the following:

Builders Guide for Google Sheets

Clint

1 Like

:exploding_head: Wow, you all are google sheets programming gods! How I wish there was an IDE or normal software tools and source code to do this.

Thank you! I hadn’t read that documentation yet and I’m going to try again with this new knowledge and see if I can figure it out.

2 Likes

@john.k.paul :grin: Welcome to the wonder of the Tiller Community!

1 Like