Annual view of cash flow broken down by group (with category drill down)

Hi there,

I’m a recent convert to Tiller after previously building my own spreadsheet very laboriously. While Tiller can do 5x what I came up with, there’s one thing I feel I’m lacking: a view of the entire year with transactions grouped by Month and Group. Does anyone have a template for this? Is this easily possible in Tiller?

I tried recreating it, but couldn’t figure out how to do so since the Transaction tab in Tiller only has Categories, not Groups listed.

Here’s what this looked like in my old sheet:

I don’t remember where I got this but you can add a Group column pretty easily. Just insert a new column where you’d like and enter this formula in the top cell:

=arrayformula(if(row(D1:D)=1,“Group”,iferror(vlookup(D1:D,{indirect(“Categories!$”&SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,MATCH(“Category”,Categories!$1:$1,0),4),1,“”)&“$2:$”&SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,MATCH(“Category”,Categories!$1:$1,0),4),1,“”)),indirect(“Categories!$”&SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,MATCH(“Group”,Categories!$1:$1,0),4),1,“”)&“$2:$”&SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,MATCH(“Group”,Categories!$1:$1,0),4),1,“”))},2,FALSE),“”)))

Makes it a lot easier to do pivot tables or whatever you’d like with the Transactions sheet.

what a great sheet! i’d love to see my year like this.