Balance History Tracker

Can you clarify what you mean by the forecast? The tracker doesn’t have a forecast tool.

Can I get this history tracker for Excel? How can I do that? The solution here looks like Google Sheets extension. I use excel. Thank you.

I only created the tracker for Google. I didn’t get the Excel one out yet. I will try to do so when I have time since I will have to figure out the formulas in Excel.

This is now available for Excel:
Balance History Tracker - Excel - Microsoft Excel / Show & Tell - Tiller Community (tillerhq.com)

Relatively new to Tiller - love it so far. Very excited about the Balance History Tracker - however, it only works with the very first effort to filter an account.
I can use the filter by account (cell D6) once, and it will show me the balance history of the account I select.
But I cannot reset the filter, and select any other accounts. When I click the down arrow to change the account, it doens’t show me any account options.
I’ve restored the sheet x2, but still doesn’t work.

Hi, glad you found it useful. The way the filters are setup, to reset it just press delete on the field. The drop-down should then reset and allow more selection options.

I figured it out. My error was that i was going into cell D6 and hitting ‘backspace’ to delete out the text. When I completed this - deleted all the text through ‘backspace’, it wouldn’t show me the available accounts.
Just now, I just ‘deleted’ the entire content of the cell, it worked great - showed me available accounts.
Sorry for the trouble, thanks!

Question: is there a way to adjust this so that the Balance sorts Newest to Oldest? It would be nice to see the most current balance at the top.
No stress if this isn’t possible. Thanks,

Yes, I just pushed a new version that allows you to select either asc/desc. It should be available shortly.
If you just want to always see it sorted descending, I can post the formula here if you’re OK with editing.

This is great! Thank you. I really enjoy this sheet. It helps me quickly view my credit card balances over time… trying to pay them down, and it feels good to see the balances shrink.

I added a chart to the sheet showing balances over time.

Thanks!

1 Like

One issue with this template is it assumes a fixed order of the columns in “Balance History”. Other templates (and in the Foundation template itself) gets around this by having a references section to find out the location of each column that you care about. You can look at how the foundation template does it by going to the “Balances” tab, unhiding the right side, and look at “Sheet references”.

the balance history sheet is a default sheet that is hidden, and the columns shouldn’t really be changed since it’s not really a need for that. it’s overkill to setup the lookups when it won’t impact 99.9 percent of people.

i am more concerned about tracking history by month. Instead of daily, is it easy to change to show history by month instead?

@Cinistix Yes, you can choose different date ranges including this month/last month or even a custom range when you use the Period drop down menu.

Hi Morgan, i see that part but i mean instead of the output showing my balances daily, i would rather see monthly. Meaning, i want to see a trend of my balances across accounts as of the last day of each month depending on that drop down box. does that make sense?

Hi, I understand your request and I took a “quick” look and I’m not sure if it can be done using the current sheet. It is something that I find interesting and a valid use case, so I will look into it.

1 Like

I just created a new sheet by month, once it’s approved you can check it out. It will be by month, but as of the last date per account per month, so not all dates will be the last day of the month if you skipped getting a balance for one account for whatever reason.

1 Like

good work. can’t wait to check it out. thanks!

Monthly Balance Tracker - Google Sheets / Show & Tell - Tiller Community (tillerhq.com)

2 Likes

looks great so far, thanks again