Basic Questions for putting these Spreadsheets through the test

I’m new to Tiller and have some basic questions on how to review these awesome spreadsheets. And please be somewhat detailed with your responses…I’m new.

• Can these spreadsheets be integrated in the worksheet I currently use? If so, how.

• To check them out so I can vote, do I download them and how do I connect them so I can see my data in them to give them a test run?

• Are there any “recent” videos on “how-to” use your tiller sheets or any of the ones in the challenge? Is so, where are they.

Thank You.

Hi Skywells! I am the creator of one of the entries, so I wanted to jump in to answer your questions.

1: Can these spreadsheets be integrated into the worksheet I currently use? If so, how.

Short answer: yes, but it will not be easy. For example, my sheet is fairly complex and links throughout the sheet. What you could do is save a copy of the template, open your existing worksheet, and then copy the tabs from your sheet over to the new template. It will take some work, but it’s definitely possible.(Right click on the tab > copy tab > and select a new sheet)

2: To check them out so I can vote, do I download them and how do I connect them so I can see my data in them to give them a test run?

Each entry has a link to their template that you can create a copy of in your Google Drive. Once you’ve made a copy, just add the Tiller Add-on, each sheet should be ready to explore once you’ve done this.

In my opinion, this is the best way to test out a sheet. Even if you are just linking one account, it gives you a good idea of how they work.

3: Are there any “recent” videos on “how-to” use your tiller sheets or any of the ones in the challenge? Is so, where are they.

Tiller has a few videos on their YouTube channel, the most recent one was uploaded a month ago.

Their How Tiller Money Works page on their website has lots of good information as well.

One final source for learning how to use Tiller, is their Tiller Money Community. If you have a question, chances are it’s been posted there already.

I added a how to guide on my template, that walks you through setting it up.

Hope this helps!