If you have two factor authentication (2FA) turned on, meaning you have to enter a security code or PIN after entering your username and password, then frequent (sometimes daily) re-authentication is expected behavior.
You may also find that your account appears to disconnect immediately after you’ve just re-authenticated it. This does not necessarily mean we were unable to pull the latest transactions and balances.
The disconnect timing varies by institution, but if you’re able to refresh your accounts (you see success in the credential entry screen), and your sheet updates afterward, then we recommend you continue with this workflow to keep your bank account information current.
For more context, I’ve linked our guide on how refreshes work, expectations, etc. below.
Your regular workflow should be
First, re-authenticate your accounts…
- Log in to your Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google
- Click Account Summary
- Wait for the refresh process to stop (indicated by little spinning wheel).
- Click the Refresh link next to the account if you see it. If there is no Refresh link, click the gear icon for the account and choose Update login .
- Enter credentials and/or security codes/answers.
- Wait for a successful connection and then close the window to return to the Tiller Console.
Next, update your sheet…
- Open your Google Sheet.
- Go to Add-ons > Tiller Money Feeds > Launch (or Open Sidebar).
- Then in the sidebar click Update Sheets .
- Next, go to Settings (still in the sidebar) and toggle Auto Update to the ON position (green). This will allow Tiller to automatically pull your latest available transaction and balance data.