Categorizing Transactions - AutoCat and Data Validation

I updated my transactions in my Tiller Money today after being idle for last 90 days, and noticed that it is not categorizing each transaction and the drop down list for categories is blank. In the Help section I found instructions that ssay to copy the transaction description and going to the Autocat page, paste the description copied andassign the category. However, all the categories and descriptions appear on the Autocat page correctly but have a small red triangle on each cell with a message that says: Invalid: input must fall within specified range.
I have not been able to find any other troubleshooting on this matter and find myself stuck.

Sounds like something happened to your “Categories” sheet. The Category drop downs you get in your “Transactions” sheet uses something called “Data Validation”, which in this case, points to your “Categories” sheet and grabs the list it finds there. Do you see a “Categories” sheet, and if so, are all your categories listed in column A?

I think @jpfieber is onto the scent. It sounds like maybe your data validation reference has broken in the Transactions sheet. If you aren’t seeing your categories (from the Categories sheet) in the dropdown (in the Transactions sheet), you’ll want to select all of the categories cells (cell 2 to the bottom) in the Transactions sheet and then go to Data / Data validation to link the data validation range back to your categories in the Categories sheet.

I was having a similar issue in that all of my categories were not showing up in the drop down choices in the transaction sheet or in autocat. I recently moved over to using a Foundation Sheet and created many new autocat instances within Autocat Beta. Is this, possibly, a bug within Autocat Beta? I did what @randy suggested and re-validated the (now longer) data range. Hope this helps!!

So it is working for you now, @Jeff_G?

Yes it is! It seems like the data validation reference in my sheet was also broken. I followed your suggestion for my fix -

" I think @jpfieber is onto the scent. It sounds like maybe your data validation reference has broken in the Transactions sheet. If you aren’t seeing your categories (from the Categories sheet) in the dropdown (in the Transactions sheet), you’ll want to select all of the categories cells (cell 2 to the bottom) in the Transactions sheet and then go to Data / Data validation to link the data validation range back to your categories in the Categories sheet."

Thanks so much.

Glad to hear it, @Jeff_G.