Category Tracker - Categories Not Populating

Hey team,

I am having trouble getting certain categories to populate within column D of the category tracker tab.

All of the income categories and certain expense categories do not populate, however, the sums of all categories (both income and expense) populate in column B.

All of my categories populate appropriately in column J, but column G excludes certain categories and I do not understand why. I believe the logic in column G is causing some sort of bust within the model, but I am unsure.

So far I have restored the sheet multiple times and inspected the logic for #REF errors. A

Any guidance would be helpufl!

Is it possible your date ranges in B4:B5 and E4:E5 are not set to include the data you’re expecting?

Can you provide names of some of the categories that are not populating? It’s possible that special characters (e.g. apostrophes) in the category names are causing issues.

It’s possible that special characters (e.g. apostrophes) in the category names are causing issues.

This was EXACTLY the problem - thank you! Is there a guide that shows the special characters recommended / not recommended to use?

I was having the exact same problem and that was my issue. I had categories with an apostrophe in it. When I removed that, they worked great!! Thanks for that guidance.

1 Like