Cumulative Actual to Budget

My apologies - but I am sure this has already been addressed, but my ability to search previous items has resulted in some interesting ideas, but not I am looking for.

I like the monthly budget tab and the yearly tab (I really use this for most of my review and it is useful but I would really like a mix of the two).

I would like to see the year - like on the yearly budget sheet, cells A through D, but instead of Jan through Dec. 2023 to go from Jan to June 2023 (the year so far) - so months I was under and over can show me my current situation. I reviewed the user sheet on daily balance, but I was not able to get it to work and I don’t think it really gives me what I wanted. I imagine something is out there and if someone would point me to it, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

If im understanding what you are looking for I believe the Year to Date Comparison template would be helpful. Although it sums the entire year as opposed to a certain timeframe that you could enter.

Thanks much, that is what I wanted (I actually did want the entire year (up to the last month completed) which is what it does.
Now, I will play with it and see if I can group it by super categories (utilities is a super category and electric, water, etc are sub categories) as it would be most excellent to see it that way (I saw a video for a pivot table which does this fairly well by month - but the cumulative for the year is nice)
Thanks again

If your “super” categories are your groups then there are drop downs in the top left that will allow you to select and view by groups as well

Glad i could help point you in the right direction.

1 Like

actually, I misunderstood the groups option, so this is now exactly what I wanted. I appreciate your patience and sorry for the dumb and obvious question.
thanks for taking the time to help!

1 Like