Customizing Insights Top 10 Categories

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change two of the four top ten tables in the insights tab? I would like to replace the top 10 accounts by activity with a top 10 category spending. Is this possible? Thank you so much!

1 Like

All of the sheets in your Foundation Template spreadsheet can be changed, @natashabrecht. I would start by unhiding the columns to the right of column M in your Insights sheet. There you will find the support queries for the tables at the bottom of the sheet.

Iā€™d consider first building below the existing tables so you can reference the existing tables for help and ideas.

Let us know what you come up with.

1 Like

Hi @randy!

Thank you so much for your help. I did unhide those columns and tried replicating the code that is in cell B32 which customized the top 10 inflows but cannot seem to replicate properly to get it to use the top 10 transactions by category. Any ideas? Thank you so much!

I did a little tinkering and came up with this to populate the table data. It would go in a table cell analogous to B33.

=IFERROR(query(INDIRECT(P15),"SELECT "&P10&", "&P13&",' ',' ', "&P12&" where "&P10&" >= date '"&TEXT( $P$3,"yyyy-mm-dd")&"' and "&P10&" < date '"&TEXT($P$4+1,"yyyy-mm-dd")&"' "&if(len(P45),"AND NOT "&P45,"")&" AND "&P11&"='"&B57&"' "&$P$5&" ORDER BY "&P12&" DESC LIMIT 10 LABEL "&P10&" 'Date', "&P13&" 'Description', "&P12&" 'Amount',' ' '',' ' ''"))

You can see that I put the category selection for the query in cell B57. You will need to change this reference if you put it somewhere else.

Good luck.