My Custom Dashboard Inside Of Tiller

Hey there everyone, while I think the foundation template’s supplied by Tiller are great I wanted to use my background in Excel to build my own dashboard of the things I would like to see to help me make decisions quicker.

What is the goal of your workflow? What problem does it solve, or how does it help you?

The goal is to make decisions about my money as quickly as possible. I try to spend less than 10 minutes per month on my finances because after that I just get bored. In addition, I find it very easy to get lost in the data even though the 80/20 rule tells me that I shouldn’t do that.

How did you come up with the idea for your workflow?

I decided on the 6 things I need to know on a monthly basis. Like how much cash I have on hand, where am I spending my money, how is my net worth looking. I don’t really care how much I spent at McDonald’s last month.

Please describe your workflow. What are the sheets? Does it use any custom scripts or formulas?

This isn’t some crazy workflow with arrays and other formulas. It just simply uses a =Today() formula paired with index match to give me data over the last 6 months. It pulls the data from the balance and transactions tab just like all other data in Tiller.

Anything else you’d like people to know?

The workflow isn’t easily copyable (yet). If there is interest in it I can make it so by I have hardcoded certain things like categories (yes, I know this is an excel sin). If you are interested let me know.

Here is a video going over the workflow and why I choose to make a custom one:

https://youtu.be/UOyMQ90FVjY

Thanks for sharing @shelbygrosch!! This is awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am interested in your workflow Shelby. I am using the Google Sheets version of Tiller Money. Would you consider porting your solution from Excel to Sheets?

Thank you
Nelson

1 Like

Hey Nelson, I’m also using Google Sheets for this. I’m working on a video showing exactly how I built this and it should be coming out soon. Thanks for the comment.

1 Like