So I have a unique situation here, and I haven’t been able to find a template that fits my needs here and can’t figure out if I should try to build my own or if I’m looking in all the wrong places.
Every month my wife and I dump all of our expenses (mostly credit card transactions but a few other ones here and there) into a google sheets spreadsheet. We then go through the sheet and assign each expense into 1 of 4 categories.
Once all of the expenses have been categorized, I use a few sumif formulas to calculate and split totals in a few different ways (shared=50/50 split, groceries=65/35 split, A or E= 100/0 split. We then use these totals to calculate how much of the expenses each partner is responsible for.
I am trying to figure out how to create a template in tiller that produces similar results by performing the below actions once a month.
- create a new tab for this month and update the date range (18th of the previous month - 17th of this month)
- Import all expenses from 1 cc account
- Import expenses from other select accounts that match a list of filters/criteria
- Auto assign an owner to transactions with criteria that match specific rules (similar to autocat)
- If need I can create the formula manually but ideally, it would produce the total that each of us needs to contribute to our expenses at the end of the month.
I’m not sure if there is something similar I can use to build on modify or if I should try to create something from scratch, and I would really appreciate some guidance on my next steps.
Thanks in advance for your advice!