Paycheck Deduction Transaction Generator - Port from Google Sheets (beta)

This sheet has been retired in favor of Paycheck Deductions Generator - Excel

I tried your template, but when editing links, I got the error “Excel found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet. Check that the cell references, range names, defined names, and links to other workbooks in your formulas are all correct.” 4 times.
Once past that, the main problem I ran into was that most of the data for the generated transactions was in the wrong columns. Your template doesn’t account for how varied the columns in peoples Transaction sheet can be. Beyond the core columns, you can’t assume which columns a user will have, and you can’t assume which order they will be in (I have a LOT of extra columns).
That was my biggest struggle when creating the original Google Sheets version. I’ve been working on my own Excel conversion and now have it complete. It imports all the column headers from a users Transactions sheet, and then matches the paycheck data to the appropriate column.
Thanks for sharing your version, but I’m hoping moving forward we can emphasize the one I released to:

• Reduce confusion concerning who supports it
  • Have a consistent interface across the platforms
  • Keep sheet layout consistent for documentation/support
  • Make it easier to keep features equal across the platforms

OK, that makes sense.