Our Tiller Money Labs team is working to keep you efficient, inspired, and enabled with financial templates, tools and workflows. In our Tiller Money Labs Roundups, we keep you updated on our latest features and sheets.
With your feedback, we are making great strides at improving and hardening the new Savings Budget.
While it is still in a dev-feedback stage, we plan to demonstrate it broadly next week. If you have questions or would like to learn more, don’t miss the Tiller Money Live webinar next Thursday at 10AM PST!
In the past week, we’ve made the following changes to the Savings Budget (Prototype) template
- Moved and consolidated the
Adjust ±column to save space and improve UX
- Fixed Available calculation for adjusted income budgets
- Restored budget start date formula preset
- Fixed bug affecting group & type totals when hidden categories are present
- Fixed bug affecting Available calculation for adjusted income budgets
- Updated color scheme
If you have an older version of the template, you can easily update your copy by using the Manage Solutions workflow in the Tiller Money Labs add-on.
Merge Categories Workflow
Based on a suggestion in this community from @aronos, we built out a category-merge workflow.
It is built into the Tiller Money Labs add-on’s
Savings Budget menu.
The Merge Categories workflow performs the following steps:
- Recategorizes all transactions from source to destination category in the
- Reclassifies all savings/budget modifications in the
- Moves all source budgets into the destination budgets in the
- Deletes the source category row from in the
AutoCatrules using the source category
A few weeks ago, we debuted a semi-automated migration workflow for users in using the Envelope Budget (via Tiller Add-on). This week we made a few improvements based on feedback in this community from user @aronos:
- Though the Savings Budget (Prototype) doesn’t include the rollover-to concept, the migration tool can now replicate historic rollover-to shifts in your new budget by modeling them in the
- Fixed a bug that rendered
Categories-sheet budgets in reverse-chronological order