šŸ† Transaction Tracker for Google Sheets

I really want this work but it simply doesnā€™t for me and I have to assume its user error on my part. Canā€™t for the life of me figure it out though. Baseline is fine meaning Type = Expense and Period = This Month pulls all Transactions for July. At this point, using the Tag filter works as well.

However, if I put anything at all in Group and/or Category all Transactions disappear and I canā€™t get anything to show up. What in the world am I doing wrong??

I deleted old sheet and downloaded the latest one as well. :frowning_face:

Iā€™m an idiot. This was my problem; didnā€™t have GROUP in my Transactions sheet.

It works now!

1 Like

Modified the report to include an ā€œExcludeā€ filter so you can view groups/institutions and then have one specific category/account filtered out.

Modified the query to now include a filter on how you want the date sorted, asc/desc.

Modified to now have >= and <= amount searching.

Updated to version 1.11 which filters the Tags filter based on the date filter.

Hi @yossiea.

Iā€™m getting a permission error when trying to install this sheet. Is this something you control?

i. imgur. com/6j1Tfdi.png

Thanks a bunch!

Hi, sorry, I donā€™t control that. In the meanwhile, you can install it manually from my old sheet: Go here and copy the Transaction Tracker to your own Sheets:
Shared Tiller Sheets - Google Sheets

Then, once the menu starts working again you can install it to make sure you can easily get newer versions.

That works, thanks so much for the quick reply! I was able to copy it over. Appreciate all the work.

1 Like

Good evening. I am having issues with all of the account names listed in my transaction sheet showing up in the account filter as an option to choose from.

Also, is there a way to choose more than one account at a time to filer. For example a family member may have a credit card and checking card and use both to shop. If I filter by shopping I want to be able to see their shopping across all accounts.

Any help someone could provide would be very much appreciated.

On your first question, it is supposed to work that way so that you can narrow down to specific accounts if you want to. Thus, the default setting is all accounts and that field is blank so that all transactions across all accounts are shown the transaction output area below the filters.

That leads into your second questionā€¦the sheet works like that by default. If you do the following you should see all Shopping transactions across all accounts:

Type: Expense
Group: [select whatever Group you have your Shopping Category assigned to]
Category: Shopping
Account: [make it blank - either backspace or delete anything in that field]

You should get what you are looking for by doing this. If not, you may have something else going on in the formulas or original setup.

Thank you for the reply. Re-reading my first question, I realize I should have worded it differently. Within this sheet, if I clear out all filters EXCEPT for category for which I select shopping and period for which I select last year. All of my shopping transactions for all accounts populates and the total dollar value matches what I actually spent on shopping last year. No issues there, all is well.

However, when I go to the ā€œAccountā€ filter, click the drop down and the list of my accounts is shown to select from, there are account names missing from the filter list that are shown in the list of my transactions within this sheet. To state that differently with only the shopping and last year filters on there are transactions that have an account name that are not populating within the filter drop down of account names to select from. I have accounts that I donā€™t have the ability to choose from in the filter list.

I honestly donā€™t know if I have added confusion or was able to clarify my question further.

Regarding my second question. I am tracking on how to view all of my transactions in a particular group/category across all of accounts. My question was more related to the flexibility of the filters. I could be missing something here but it appears I can only filter my shopping category by one account at a time vice a filter that allows you to select more than one (check all that apply functionality). In my example, I use three different accounts for shopping and my wife uses two other accounts of her own. I currently see no way to filter down to both of the accounts my wife uses at once to see all of her shopping across all of her accounts. It appear I can only go account by account.

The Account filter only takes those accounts that are tracked and are in Balance History sheet. Itā€™s possible that your Transactions sheet might have put in an account that doesnā€™t go through Tiller for some reason.
All accounts in your Transaction sheet should be in the Balance History sheet. If you have an account in Transaction that is not in Balance History then the whole Tiller system may be incorrect.
What I would do is filter for Account in both sheets and see what is missing.
I would create a new sheet and put the following in the first row:

=sort(unique('Balance History'!$D2:D)) 

(Verify that Column D is accunt)
then another column:

=sort(unique(Transactions!$G2:G))

The columns should match. If they donā€™t, you have a problem.

Thank you. They do not match. The transactions sheet has several more account names. I wonder if it is because I imported data from Mint.

Thatā€™s a Tiller wide problem you have since that account will most likely not be in any reports.
The easiest way to solve this for now, is go to the Tiller Money Feeds Menu and then Manual Accounts and add those manual accounts that are missing. Once that is done, your reports should now reflect the new addition. Iā€™d verify that the old transactions are pointing to the manual accounts.
In the future, if you add a manual transaction, you can use the CSV importer or the menu if itā€™s one or two transactions.

Thanks again for all the help, Iā€™m a Tiller newbie, only a month in. Whatā€™s interesting is the additional accounts in my transaction sheet that arenā€™t in my Balance History sheet are actually the same accounts that are in the Balance History just named differently. The only thing I can attribute this to is at some point in 2022 my wife and I renamed our accounts through our online banking app to make the names more simple. So prior to that point they may have been the default name and now in Tiller it has captured only the current account names even though it is the same accounts.

Any thoughts on my second question. I am tracking on how to view all of my transactions in a particular group/category across all of accounts. My other question was more related to the flexibility of the filters. I could be missing something here but it appears I can only filter my shopping category by one account at a time vice a filter that allows you to select more than one (check all that apply functionality). In my example, I use three different accounts for shopping and my wife uses two other accounts of her own. I currently see no way to filter down to both of the accounts my wife uses at once to see all of her shopping across all of her accounts. It appear I can only go account by account.

Problem child hereā€¦Separate from the other topics I have posted, for some of the accounts that were on the account filter drop down give me the following errorā€¦

Error Unable to parse query string for Function QUERY parameter 2: PARSE_ERROR: Encountered " "s ā€œā€ at line 1, column 73. Was expecting one of: ā€œgroupā€ ā€¦ ā€œpivotā€ ā€¦ ā€œorderā€ ā€¦ ā€œskippingā€ ā€¦ ā€œlimitā€ ā€¦ ā€œoffsetā€ ā€¦ ā€œlabelā€ ā€¦ ā€œformatā€ ā€¦ ā€œoptionsā€ ā€¦ ā€œandā€ ā€¦ ā€œorā€ ā€¦

Any thoughts on that?

If you only filter on Category, you should see all transactions for that category, regardless of account/amount, etc.

Below is a screen shot for what I am attempting to view, several of my accounts have the same errorā€¦