We'd love your thoughts and feedback on the Tiller Money Community

Hi all!

We launched the community in August and are excited about our vision for it, but we’d love your feedback on how it’s going and ideas to improve the experience and usefulness.

Feel free to share your thoughts as a reply to this topic. Some questions to ponder…

• What’s working about the community?
  • What can we do better to make the community a more vibrant and useful place to be?
  • How about the categories/sub-categories structure we’re using? Does it make sense?
  • Is there a better way to organize it?
  • What’s been most exciting/useful so far?
  • What’s an existing community out there you love and why?

We’d love to hear your thoughts so we can continue iterating and improving on this new tool!

Heather

Hi @heather,

I really like a lot of things about the community. A few highlights are:

• I can get help from the tiller staff (you) quickly, and browse through questions other people have had. As the community grows I can see how ideally you would have to answer less and less questions because the community would help each other. Which is cool.
  • I can see how other people are using the platform. It’s so flexible, I love seeing what other people come up with
  • Labs! Love trying new things
  • The interface is very user-friendly and modern (I just have one nitpick about the categories below, since you asked. The rest is great)

I think the categories mostly make sense, but I’m still a little thrown off by how they are displayed. I’m not sure how popular it would be, but it would be easier for me to be able to see all of the categories and subcategories on the main page. I know the layout is a bit antiquated, but something like this: https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek is easier for me to understand. But maybe I’m just getting old :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding the categories themselves, there doesn’t seem to be a clear place (that I can see, at least) to ask a question about modifying the sheets to make them do what I want. Right now it looks like that would go int the Discussion/Budgeting section, but my questions really aren’t about budgeting, more about the technical aspect of how to make the sheet do what I want. And I don’t want to put in a feature request if I think it will probably be a minor modification.

(EDIT) Also a category for bug reporting would be useful. I could see if it’s something other people have already brought up, and maybe avoid having to contact Tiller help if it’s something I can fix myself.

Thanks for all the work you’re putting into this community, I appreciate it!

-Matt

Thank you so much for your feedback @Matt! I’ll definitely keep this all in mind as we think about how we might better organize things here on the community.