Add Property Value to Net Worth

Hello. I’m fairly new to Tiller. I was wondering if there is a way to add the value of my property somehow. I am looking at my “net worth” and it is not accurate per se, because it includes what I owe for my mortgage but doesn’t include the current value of my house. Is there a way to add that in so I can see a more accurate representation of my net worth?

Here is a past thread that covers this. In the thread there is a link to the article on how to add a manual account. Goodluck

There are several ways to do this, I tried a number of them and just gave up. I went to Zillow and got the price they think my house is worth and added it in as a manual transaction. On the 1st day of every month, I go snag the latest price from them and edit my transaction. It shows up in my Balances tab and in my Networth which are the two places I wanted to see it.

Unfortunately, Zillow shut down the API we used in the Zillow script.

As an alternative, there are IMPORTXML() workflows that can pull values from webpages into a spreadsheet. You won’t be able to capture history, like @susandennis’s workflow, but you could pull in the latest value. You’d want to check Zillow’s ToS before implementing.

Good luck.

Thank you everyone! Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

1 Like