Bug: Adding manual transaction is now entering a timestamp into Balance History instead of a date

@heather

I just tried to enter three manual transactions that update the balance history, and the Accounts sheet did not update with the new balances. I opened up the Balance History sheet, and the dates that were entered for the transactions are now coming through in ISO-8601 format, which Sheets cannot parse to a date.

image

The last time that I created a manual transaction that updated the balance history was on 6/13/2024, and that date came through fine. I’m thinking an update to this part of the back-end between then and now could likely be the culprit. I noticed hidden categories is back! Maybe it occurred then? Thanks!

Current Workaround

To fix, I just went into the Balance History sheet and changed the value to a date format Sheets understands (6/26/2024).

2 Likes

I can confirm the same in my setup. I entered a manual transaction yesterday, and just looked now and it is in the same format you reported:
image
@randy

1 Like

Same here.

image

1 Like

same here:
image

1 Like

I am getting the same behavior, started sometime between 6/16 and 6/28.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I thought I was going crazy!!
Will correct manually until bug is corrected.

This happened to me about a month ago. I did a ticket but it was never resolved. One day it just stopped and its been fine for several weeks. I used to just manually delete the times in each field.

Thanks for sharing that update @bemidji87 . We hope that was the last of that! Please let us know here or write to the support team if it comes up again.

I just tried to enter a manual transaction, and the issue is still occurring.

1 Like