Data will not populate Net Worth Template

I have a broken Net Worth Template. I was repairing a bank account (Auto Loan). After double checking naming convention and the Account ID, I checked the Net Worth Template and it was absolutely blank. I’ve tried resetting the Net Worth template, but still no data is populated?? I’ve made sure all filters are off on the Net Worth and Balance History tabs. Balance History appears correct.
I can’t get the data to populate the Net Worth template??

Hi @hall.thomas.e,
Can you check to make sure your Accounts sheet doesn’t have any errors? The formula on the Net Worth sheet in cell AC7 will only pull account info where the Account ID (G2:G) is not blank and the account is not marked as Hide (Q2:Q).

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your help and time!

I think I fixed the Net worth Tab. I checked the Accounts sheet. It did have an error. It was an old Bank saving account. I deleted this, but the Net Worth tab sill didn’t populate?? So I archived the Account sheet, then added a brand new Accounts tab from the new Tiller “create a new spreadsheet.” I was thinking the old Accounts tab was corrupt. Once I had a clean Accounts tab, I restored the Net Worth tab and that seemed to re-populate my Net Worth tab!!!

Curtis, two quick questions, generally the Accounts tab is blank if all of the accounts are behaving and show correct asset/liability designations….correct? Also, at the time I successfully updated the Net Worth tab, both the insights tab and the Balances tab were empty. I am guess these will populate in time……but not sure why they were blank???

Again, thanks for your help and time Curtis!!!

Forgot to include the screenshot in my previous note:

Thanks,

Tom Hall

Hi Thomas,

I’m glad you were able to repopulate the data in your Net Worth sheet!

To answer your questions:

generally the Accounts tab is blank if all of the accounts are behaving and show correct asset/liability designations….correct?

No, the Accounts sheet isn’t typically empty. The Accounts tab is used to group accounts or hide them from the Balances sheet. There is a hidden portion of the sheet in columns E and beyond with all of the account data, which is aggregated from the Balance History sheet. The dropdowns in column A draw from this region. Because of these hidden formulas, in general, you should never delete entire rows or columns from Tiller sheets. You should also avoid deleting or renaming core Tiller sheets. Here is a sample Accounts sheet, including the hidden region.

And here is the corresponding Balances sheet.

Also, at the time I successfully updated the Net Worth tab, both the insights tab and the Balances tab were empty. I am guess these will populate in time……but not sure why they were blank???

An empty Balances sheet indicates there is still an issue with your Accounts and/or Balance History sheets. I would recommend checking the following:

1. Your Balance History sheet is populated with data for all of your accounts
  2. The hidden region of your Accounts sheet (columns E:T) shows all of your accounts that appear in the Balance History sheet, and the Sheet References section is properly detecting each column of the Balance History sheet
  3. The hidden region of your Balances sheet (columns J:Y) shows all of your accounts, and the Sheet References section is properly detecting each column of the Accounts sheet

In the process of archiving and restoring your sheets, did you do this manually, or did you use the Tiller Money Feeds → Templates workflow? If you did the process manually, it is possible that your restored sheets aren’t properly integrated and referenced by the remaining sheets. If you use the official workflow, it should be able to detect if you have any orphaned sheets that can be “adopted” and then you can archive and restore any misbehaving templates.

I know that’s a lot of information to swallow, so I’m sorry for that. :sweat_smile: Just take it a step at a time and I can do my best to answer any questions that come up.

Wow, taking it a step at a time… Curtis, I think I have the Accounts Tab populated correctly (see screen shot). The Balances Tab is blank. Yes, tried to manually bring this over from a new Till sheet…my bad. I’ve expanded the hidden columns in the Balances Tab. How are the Sorted Assets and Sorted Liabilities populated? Are they coming from the Balance History Sheet? Also, what are the correct parameters for the Sheet References? Account Id “G”. Group “P”, Account “H”, Account # “I”, Last update “K”, Last Balance “J”, Class “O”, and Hide “Q”…are these the correct parameter/call outs?

Everything looks right on your Accounts sheet and your Balance History sheet is being detected properly.

It looks like the Balances sheet is not recognizing your Accounts sheet, hence the empty Sheet References and asset/liability account data. This is probably due to you manually copying the Accounts sheet from another spreadsheet. I would recommend using the Tiller Money Feeds → Templates workflow to archive and restore your Accounts sheet, and Copy/Paste as Values your account data from columns A:D in the archived sheet to the restored sheet.

Hi Curtis, making progress…The Accounts and Balances appear populated and accurate.

Sorry, one last question/fix (I know it is a Friday afternoon)…The Quick Insight tab is not populating correctly. Do you have a screenshot of the expaned columns in the Quick Insight Tab…again, not sure what source it is using (Balance History, Balances, or Accounts tab???

1 Like

Usually if Balances is blank, that indicates an issue with the Accounts sheet and a good next step is to restore the Accounts sheet. You can do that using the Tiller Money Feeds add-on > Templates. You can archive before restoring if you have added customizations to the Accounts sheet.

The Accounts sheet is blank by default, correct. You can use it to set the correct class or add custom groups to control how the Accounts appear on your Balances sheet.

It looks like your Insights sheet isn’t recognizing the Accounts sheet (note the REF errors starting at P29). I would try archiving and restoring the Insights template as well.

I’ve archived the Quick Insights tab. Can’t find the Quick insights in the Tiller Community Solutions/Tiller Labs add-on? Can’t find it to restore the Insights template???

Never mind…found it in Tiller Money Feeds…

1 Like

Hi Curtis,

Wow, that was a Journey!!!

THANK YOU! Everything is working and looks accurate.

Not sure if there is a case #, but everythign is fixed!..Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Glad to hear it! No, no case #, I’m just a fellow Tiller user. :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend!

2 Likes