Email a daily summary of transactions across multiple accounts

What is the goal of your workflow? What problem does it solve, or how does it help you?
Gives me a daily email with all my transactions since yesterday across my bank and credit cards (wife, kids, work, etc.) so I can see with a glance all activity.

How did you come up with the idea for your workflow?
Want to know what’s happening and bank sites only alert you of odd transactions - I want to see everything.

Please describe your workflow. What are the sheets? Does it use any custom scripts or formulas?

Anything else you’d like people to know?
I have these emails go out to me and my wife so we both know what’s going on. I also use this so my brothers and I can track finances for our elderly mother - we get to see each day what charges are happening on her visa and bank account which gives us all peace of mind.

Is it ok for others to copy, use, and modify your workflow?
yes - see the google script part for the good stuff where the daily email is created and sent.

If you said yes above, please make a copy of your workflow and share the copy’s URL:

I get a daily email from tiller. Is this different? My email comes from support@tillerhq.com and has the heading “Tiller Daily Update.” It contains all the Transaction Details and Account Balances.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. How do I turn that on?

Actually, I have not idea…I think I selected an option for email when I signed-up, but I honestly don’t remember. I wonder if it has to do with which tiller sheet I started with?

Please see my video.

Actually, I now remember why the tiller daily email doesn’t really work for me. You get one email with all transactions from all accounts in a single list. I use tiller pretty aggressively.

1. I’m on an account that in reality is my elderly mother’s account. I want just her transactions (bank and visa) in a single email that I also forward to her and my brother so we can watch her spending.

2. I have a business credit card, I want a daily summary of those transactions that I can forward to my work expense system

3. For me personally, I have a single investment and bank account (etrade) and want to separate transactions related to investments, retirement, etc. from daily spending and credit cards.

For all these and a few other reasons, making my own daily email summary was far more helpful.

1 Like

So I like the concept here but from your answers, I don’t know where to go for integrating this into my workflow?

1 Like

I posted a google sheet. You’ll have to view the tabs and code of that sheet and copy to your own. You’ll have to get into the code and sheet a bit to make it work - I customized deeply to my needs and had to strip out all my personal data for posting so might be a bit tricky to sort out - I didn’t document much. sorry.

Gotcha…not very helpful in terms of the challenge, but cool concept…maybe I’ll try to build my own. Thanks.

I rigged this up pretty quickly!

Email Google Sheets

1 Like

Ya - agree. It’s not a revolutionary improvement but it really enables some massively useful scenarios for me. Having my brother and I both keep tabs on our mom’s spending, dealing with business expenses, etc.

Warning: As the author notes, he customized the solution for his needs. You will need to heavily change the scripts to work for anyone else’s sheet. The scripts are currently hard-coded to email the sheet to the author!

thanks for checking and sorry about - I didn’t do a proper scrub before sending