Enter to Win a Set of 2021’s Best Books About Money (So Far)

Join Tiller’s summer giveaway of favorite recently published books about money, investing, and the economy. Three winners will receive the following four books!

Well, it’s that time of year again – time for a summer giveaway of our favorite recently published books about money, investing, and the economy. Printed on paper, so you can read them in the full sun at the beach, camp, or backyard.

Enter to win by sharing a sentence or two about one of your financial goals for the second half of 2021 in the comments below!

Giveaway Details:

1. We’ll select three winners who will both receive all four books in the mail
  2. Winners will be selected at random on Wednesday, June 30
  3. To enter, simply share a sentence or two about one of your financial goals for the second half of 2021 in the comments below
  4. This giveaway is for subscribers to the Tiller Money Memo and members of the Tiller Community, but anyone can enter provided they follow step 3 above
  5. Because of shipping, unfortunately this giveaway is for US address only

New Books About Money & Personal Finance Published in 2021

The Psychology of Money: Timeless lessons on wealth, greed, and happiness

Doing well with money isn’t necessarily about what you know. It’s about how you behave. And behavior is hard to teach, even to really smart people.

Money—investing, personal finance, and business decisions—is typically taught as a math-based field, where data and formulas tell us exactly what to do. But in the real world people make them at the dinner table, or in a meeting room, where personal history, your own unique view of the world, ego, pride, marketing, and odd incentives are scrambled together.

In The Psychology of Money , award-winning author Morgan Housel shares 19 short stories exploring the strange ways people think about money and teaches you how to make better sense of one of life’s most important topics.

Get Good with Money: Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole

A ten-step plan for finding peace, safety, and harmony with your money—no matter how big or small your goals and no matter how rocky the market might be—by the inspiring and savvy Budgetnista, Tiffany Aliche.

The Common Path to Uncommon Success: A Roadmap to Financial Freedom and Fulfillment

The Common Path to Uncommon Success provides a 17-step roadmap that John Lee Dumas created from the thousands of hours he spent interviewing over 3,000 of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs.

What to Do with Your Money When Crisis Hits: A Survival Guide

From pandemics to recessions, bear markets to energy crises, life is full of financial setbacks. The hard truth is that it’s not a matter of if there will be another economic downturn, but when. What to Do with Your Money When Crisis Hits: A Survival Guide by Michelle Singletary helps you plan to prevent turning a crisis into a full-blown catastrophe.

Share your financial goal below to enter to win!

1 Like

Sadly because I work for Tiller I can’t win any of these books, but I’ll still share a couple of my financial goals for the second half of 2021 to get the party started:

• I’m setting aside $50/week to save up for skiing school for both kids
  • I need to change banks for my primary checking account
  • I’m going to keep learning and dabbling with NFTs and crypto this summer - going beyond bitcoin.

Good luck to all who enter, and here’s to happy reading!

2 Likes

So here is my saving and financial goals for the 2021

*I want to pay off all my credit cards with in a couple of months

*I got my saving goals using capital

And this is it so far.

Thank you

1 Like
  • I’m increasing my giving in the second half of the year - from $250 to $350 a month.
  • I need to see if I would be able to increase my 529 contributions for both kids as well.
  • I need to open up a bank account for my wife to get a potential $600 sign on bonus (Citizens Bank - PA)
  • I would like to stay above a 50% savings rate for the full year (net income - expenses / net income). I haven’t had a year where I could say that since before I was married and because of the timing of a new job pushing my income for this year up, I have a good shot at doing it.
2 Likes

My financial goals for the second half of 2021 are:

• Get my budget setup and operating efficiently in Tiller HQ.
  • Invest in real estate.
  • Figure out how to generate a recurring $1 Million/day in passive income.

My 2H goal is to finally get my Ostrich head out of the hole in the ground and plan for what I have to do beyond retirement savings- hello College bills x3!

1 Like

My goals for the remainder of 2021 include:

1. Paying off all medical debt.
  2. Replenish savings through more careful spending.
  3. Develop a thorough budget for 2022 that will allow me to pay more on my remaining debt.
1 Like

I will increase my 401k savings by 1 %/yr.
I will invest money in bank in growth accounts.
I will learn to invest in crypto or stock market.
I will sell my home and invest lump sum in an income producing life insurance policy.

My main goal for the remainder of the year is to integrate 50/30/20 budgeting with the Savings Budget sheet. We are moving to San Diego next month, and reevaluating our spending in that light, in an automated fashion, will prove invaluable as we adjust to the higher cost of living.

1 Like

My goals are:

• Refinance primary home for lower interests.
  • Get rid of annual-fee credit cards with negative expected value.

My 2021 goals are to increase my retirement savings by 35% and reduce outstanding debt by 50%.

Intermittent Tiller user here. My goals for the remainder of 2021 are;

• Commit to using tiller exclusively for all my financial tracking and planning
  • Continue to follow the Debt Planner which will have me debt free in January
  • Stick to my fun money budget (I do like to have fun!)

Best of luck,
Byron

Meet with financial advisors and get life insurance and other “softer” long-term plans in place.

Our financial goals for the rest of the year are:

• Take as much maternity/paternity leave as we can (a financial issue because it’s not all paid).
  • Keep up with our budget despite the toddler and baby!
  • Figure out how much more we can realistically save for a house down payment in the next two years, and do that

…it’s pretty clear what’s going on in my life right now, isn’t it?

We’ve already accomplished a fair amount in the first half, but for the second half we are planning to:

Place more into retirement savings via Roth IRA
Pay off an interest free home improvement debt and start savings for the next large purchase, be it home or vehicle related.
Stay ahead of our mortgage in hopes of paying off early.

I have two goals that have been on the list that I will finish before the end of the year.

• Review investment allocations and rebalance as appropriate
  • Build sheet to compare my credit card rewards against each other to quantify the most efficient use for each purchase

My goal for the remainder of 2021 is to finalize my plan for eliminating our credit card debt.

1. Set up a budget to pay for my son’s new private school
  2. Adjust the plan to pay off the house
  3. Set aside money in the budget for a vacation

My top three goals of 2021

Finalize priority plan to paydown debt
Create Capital Budget for upcoming larger house projects
Research creating workbook for investing

We just bought a house a month and some change ago. During this process, we decided to do some renovations ourselves before moving in. Needless to say between work, moving, renovations, and the rest of life, staying on top of our finances took a back seat.

• My first goal is to catch back up and then create a savings plan for the remaining items that we need to buy (oh, the joys of home ownership :laughing:).
  • Another goal is to create a plan to pay off the mortgage early. I hate having debt and even though it might not be the “best” financial decision, it is worth it’s weight in gold for my mental health!
  • Lastly, I plan to automate more and more while building out a system that gives us a real-time update on our finances as we buy things. The main goal with that is to have an idea how we are doing at a given time before Tiller pulls in the transactions a day or two later (whenever they clear the CC).